House temp????

V8 Beast

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About 88 right now. Neet to open a window, swamp ass will keep me up uncomfortably all night.

As for blow in insulation, I found someone that was 50 bucks cheaper to do it than it would have cost for the insulation alone at Lowes, I will dig up his company info.

About 88 right now. Neet to open a window, swamp ass will keep me up uncomfortably all night.

88 degrees is waaaaaaaay hot. Is your house so poorly insulated that you need to blow 88 degree air into it to keep it around 72ish, or are you just a death valley native?

Programable Tstats rock!! From 5:00am-8:00am it's 72* (Nice and warm while I get ready for work). From 8:00am-5:00pm it's 65*. From 5:00pm- 10:00pm it's 70*. Then from 10:00pm- 5:00am back to 65*. It really does help the old heating bills. :thumbup:

66-67 in the winter

76-78 in the summer

ridiculous gas heat prices pwn me

i make my kids go to bed with long pants/shirts on and an extra blanket

i can't stand if it's 2 degress outside, i can not sleep in clothes, boxers only at all times

66-67

ridiculous gas heat prices pwn me

i make my kids go to bed with long pants/shirts on and an extra blanket

i can't stand if it's 2 degress outside, i can not sleep in clothes, boxers only at all times

I dont know about you, but at my place gas heat is now cheaper than electric.

I dont know about you, but at my place gas heat is now cheaper than electric.

maybe it's my poorly insulated house, i need to get it looked at, but i believe i have the same problem as some others on here. i think my shit looks like this |drywall|wood|siding|

my walls are always cold, i bet my house just pours out heat

my furnace kicks on a fucking lot

on a side note, i do have some nice ass double pane windows, so i doubt they are the problem, hell they probably hold heat better than my walls...LOL

88 degrees is waaaaaaaay hot. Is your house so poorly insulated that you need to blow 88 degree air into it to keep it around 72ish, or are you just a death valley native?

No, I don't like to freeze my ass of at 70 degrees all the time.

100 bucks a cord, firewood is cheap.

Winter:

During the day, it may range from 65-68.

At night, it's usually around 64-65.

It'd be lower if it was just me. But my gf gets cold and I have small animals. The dogs probably don't care.

Summer:

During the day, I try to keep it between 70-73.

At night, high 60's at the most or I won't be able to sleep.

Fan on 24hrs/7days.

I will add that depending on the season, I change which vents are open and closed to help equalize temps in needed areas. Also, all my ceiling fans have been switched to turn the other way, drawing air up instead of pushing it down. The correct way for cold weather. (Most of the time depending on the room.)

I work for a building control company, and I deal with a lot of HVAC stuff. Our software is set to heat a space when temp reaches 68 degrees, and cool it when it reaches 74 degrees I believe. So basically, temps are always within that window.

As far as my house, we have a digital thermostat that keeps things around 72 after 4:00 on weekdays and all day on weekends, and turns it back to 68 when nobody is home throught the day or at night while sleeping.... It's all very efficient :p .

Sounds like my job