isnt american consumerism great?

cptn janks

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2008/11/28/2008-11-28_worker_trampled_to_death_at_long_island_.html

A worker died after being trampled and a woman miscarried when hundreds of shoppers smashed through the doors of a Long Island Wal-Mart Friday morning, witnesses said.

The unidentified worker, employed as an overnight stock clerk, tried to hold back the unruly crowds just after the Valley Stream store opened at 5 a.m.

Witnesses said the surging throngs of shoppers knocked the man down. He fell and was stepped on. As he gasped for air, shoppers ran over and around him.

"He was bum-rushed by 200 people," said Jimmy Overby, 43, a co-worker. "They took the doors off the hinges. He was trampled and killed in front of me. They took me down too...I literally had to fight people off my back."

^I completely agree. You guys see this one?

Riverside County sheriff's investigators have recovered two handguns "in close proximity of the deceased" men, according to a sheriff's spokesman. The two men were killed in what might have been a clash between rival groups late this morning inside a crowded Toys R Us in Palm Desert, officials say. Police say the area is safe and they are letting shoppers leave the scene at 72-314 Highway 111 after an hours-long lockdown.

The rest of the story and video at link below.

http://www.mydesert.com/article/20081128/NEWS10/81128021/1026/news12

its sad every single person who ran over the kid should have been charged with murder...are some lower prices really worth killing someone over...they all should swallow a shotgun

Well lets do the math. If it was like 100 people that ran over him and each of those people saved maybe $200-$300. Then there would be a total savings of around $20-$30k. Now Ive heard of people putting out "hits" on people for as low as $500 so if you look at it that way, there werent enough people killed. ;)

I just like to think of it as natural selection. its makes it easier to not get all upset.

• Upvote 1

Something I just noticed. The thread title is "isnt american consumerism great". You realize in like africa or a bunch of other places, people would run up in that bish with and AK and just spray everyone down until they got what they wanted. Not that I agree with anything that our society does or anything like that but, its just a thought.

I dont understand the big fucking deal with this black friday shit. My roomate tried to get my ass to go get a sony blu-ray dvd player from best buy at 5am... Hell NO!!! I slept in, ate some leftover turkey for breakfast and made it to best buy a little after 11. There had to be 25 sony blu-ray players left...

But seriously...its depressing to hear people turn their backs on someone for a sale.

I just like to think of it as natural selection. its makes it easier to not get all upset.

Natural selection that some poor kid was paid $8/hr for a job he hated lost his life so that others could save a few dollars?

You're an asshole, and you don't know the meaning of the things you type.

Well lets do the math. If it was like 100 people that ran over him and each of those people saved maybe $200-$300. Then there would be a total savings of around $20-$30k. Now Ive heard of people putting out "hits" on people for as low as $500 so if you look at it that way, there werent enough people killed. ;)

What in the hell are you talking about?

WHAT IS THE SECRET OF YOUR POWERRRRR?!

All I said was that if you think of it that way then you wont get as upset. Jeeze. Im just tired of people getting all upset when shit like this happens. Bad things happen constantly and that will never change. I just dont see the point in getting upset about this kinda shit. Yes, we all know that people are stupid and shitty and when they form a crowd, something bad will most certainly happen.

All I said was that if you think of it that way then you wont get as upset. Jeeze. Im just tired of people getting all upset when shit like this happens. Bad things happen constantly and that will never change. I just dont see the point in getting upset about this kinda shit. Yes, we all know that people are stupid and shitty and when they form a crowd, something bad will most certainly happen.

Quit trying to make excuses for people who are apparently as dim as you are. Why on earth would you NOT get mad about something like this? I know everyone in America is "desensitized" to violence and all, but god damn this is just ridiculous.