5.4 into SN-95 Mustang??

wildhorse

Got a low milage 5.4 from a 97 van and a 96 Mustang and would like to merge the two, anyone had any experience with this swap? I also plan to add an Eaton Lightening blower I found on e-bay, it's brand new with manifold, injectors, wiring harness and all. Also picked up a Lightening computer. How hard can it be? I could go with either a 5 speed or automatic. Any thoughts?

There is a guy who is on BuckeyeStangs.com who has a 5.4 with an auto dropped down into a 99 I do believe. It should be close to the same swaps. I put a 5.0 into a 99 and it was as easy as a 94-98 so there seems to be a lot of similarities. If your on there you can ask him some questions.

There is a guy who is on BuckeyeStangs.com who has a 5.4 with an auto dropped down into a 99 I do believe. It should be close to the same swaps. I put a 5.0 into a 99 and it was as easy as a 94-98 so there seems to be a lot of similarities. If your on there you can ask him some questions.

I can't remember his name , but he was at the drag day at NTR in September. You might be able to find him on the racers list. His car is Blue and he lives in Pickerington.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a straight forward swap except for the fact that you wont find a hood to cover the blower...

Otherwise just bolt it in, the only difference between the 5.4 and the 4.6 is deck height.

These are the details from the BuckeyeStangs guy! It'll give you an idea of what he did.

I'm selling my mustang or trading it for something like a 4 dr pickup. It's a 99 base model in dark green/grey interior with Mach1 rims/good tires. I put in an 02 5.4L/auto from an f series, used 01 GT wiring/intake/exhaust. Basically it's a GT with a 5.4L short block. Other things:

eibach springs

KYB shocks/struts (fairly new)

2.5" exhaust from manifolds back with no cats (I can pass e-check for you though)

3.73 gears

CAI

fairly loaded with options including moonroof.

Runs super smooth with tire shredding torque. It really feels like you could pull a yacht with it. Gets 18-22mpg , 82000 on the car, 20k less on the motor/trans. Few small scratches, no rust, interior is good.

Looking for $6000 obo or a trade for something I could put more people and thier stuff into (i don't want a minivan dammit).

Attached Thumbnails

Click image for larger version Name: mustang front.jpg Views: 33 Size: 143.0 KB ID: 2590 Click image for larger version Name: mustang side.jpg Views: 34 Size: 143.2 KB ID: 2591 Click image for larger version Name: engine.jpg Views: 38 Size: 146.8 KB ID: 2593 Click image for larger version Name: interior.jpg Views: 22 Size: 136.6 KB ID: 2594

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Got a low milage 5.4 from a 97 van and a 96 Mustang and would like to merge the two, anyone had any experience with this swap? I also plan to add an Eaton Lightening blower I found on e-bay, it's brand new with manifold, injectors, wiring harness and all. Also picked up a Lightening computer. How hard can it be? I could go with either a 5 speed or automatic. Any thoughts?

I can either do a custom dyno tune for you or I can burn a chip to take care of the speedo, turn off the auto tranny functions should you do a standard, and other dtc's.