Wonderboy

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee75/pickupsplus/G4223610-1.jpg

That it?

That's it. If you run the vin it will come up as a GT because that's what they started off as, so the insurance might be based of a GT also.

Is that anywhere near what a real Saleen should cost?

Something doesn't add up...

I know, it sounds to good to be true. I wish it were closer to my shop so I could test drive it over there and get it up on a lift and take a look at it. Maybe even check the alignment and make sure its not all fuckin whacked out from a wreck or something.

That's it. If you run the vin it will come up as a GT because that's what they started off as, so the insurance might be based of a GT also.

Sweet, thats what I was hoping for. Im getting kinda excited now. although Im sure they sold it yesterday and havent taken it off the site yet.

I know, it sounds to good to be true. I wish it were closer to my shop so I could test drive it over there and get it up on a lift and take a look at it. Maybe even check the alignment and make sure its not all fuckin whacked out from a wreck or something.

ask them to put in on a lift at the dealership it is not an unreasonable request

ask them to put in on a lift at the dealership it is not an unreasonable request

I didnt think about that.

I just got insurance quotes from about 4 different places and it looks like my insurance will go down about $70 a month if I get a mustang. Thats ridiculous. Insurance for a sports car is less than for my 4 door econobox. wtf

Its a 2V. Not that they can be fast just not a big fan of them. And for $15K you could get a much better car (faster and better looking).

For 15k? what can I get thats better for that price? I cant do a private seller because I need to trade my current car in to get rid of that payment.

Maybe they're real dumb...

I didn't look hard enough to notice the Saleen tag, maybe it is legit.

+1, maybe they are just idiots and aren't aware of what they have and what it's worth?

Bottom line is, go check it out ASAP. It's worth a shot, ya never know

+1, maybe they are just idiots and aren't aware of what they have and what it's worth?

Bottom line is, go check it out ASAP. It's worth a shot, ya never know

Yeah, im going tomorrow for sure. Anything in particular to look for with these cars. What are their common faults/ issues?

For 15k you can get a GTO, or a nice LS1 f-body for half that...

A gto? I thought they were more than that. Oh shit, I've started another thread like my "mach 1" thread. lol. This whole buying a new/ faster car thing is alot of work.

Yeah, im going tomorrow for sure. Anything in particular to look for with these cars. What are their common faults/ issues?

Mostly the badges on the car.

I didn't like the looks of it when I took a quick look over it when I was there to check out a GTO, which ended up being a wrecked car. They wouldn't tell me the GTO was, I was not happy when I walked out of there. So I would just look.

Dammit. Why did you guys have to bring up gto's. I have a very impressionable and "flip floppy" mind. I just found about 5 2004 gto's that I could afford. How fast are these things stock? And how much does it take to hit high 12's with one? Also, what are common issues with these?

Mostly the badges on the car.

I didn't like the looks of it when I took a quick look over it when I was there to check out a GTO, which ended up being a wrecked car. They wouldn't tell me the GTO was, I was not happy when I walked out of there. So I would just look.

Wasnt there a carfax account set up on here? I was looking for the thread it was in but i cant find it.

Or what about this? I think the price is pretty good for the mileage and year. Plus maybe I can get AJ to check it out? AJ what do you think about this one? Have you checked it out yet?http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=c&car_id=250307318&dealer_id=27533131&car_year=2004&rdm=1228016039448&model=GTO&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=50&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=PONT&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=43110&advanced=&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=&max_price=16000&cardist=9

Dammit. Why did you guys have to bring up gto's. I have a very impressionable and "flip floppy" mind. I just found about 5 2004 gto's that I could afford. How fast are these things stock? And how much does it take to hit high 12's with one? Also, what are common issues with these?

I had an 04 GTO and it went 12.87 on street tires with off-road pipes, a cold-air and a tune. The only problems I had we're the clutch started to slip after I modded it and the CD player jammed up alot. I would still have it if it didn't get totaled, although I miss my Mach 1 I had too.