CCW guys i have questions

88lx5oh

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

while a narrow gun is nice, if you get to be too narrow, it can be a PITA on your hands. my M&P is 1.25" wide, i shoot it fine. with my keltec, thats ~.8" wide, it is a lot easier to conceal, but after a few mags, the part of my hand between my thumb and pointer finger can hurt a bit

I paid $50 for ccw. I carry everywhere! I now own this and carry with a sling on my back.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/bixsman/full-oa-93.jpg

It's a fun carry gun. I've got several AR pistols and a PLR-16, none of which I've carried...

I prefer pocket carry... Nice, discreet... Natural hand to pocket transition... "Hang on, let me get my wallet for you... now give me your ID!!" I can carry a 3" vertical string with any of my j-frame collection, so people who say they're inaccurate, just can't shoot. I don't claim to know much, though.

Do some research on that. They arrest.

You do some research, they detain, find nothing to charge you with, they release you. You DO NOT get arrested for Open Carry.

The PD will get their ass chewed or worse by the Ohio AG.

As I explained you'd of known you needed a holster, that it's required even for every gun you carry in this state. Otherwise, it's a felony.

Please show me where the ORC says that, Ken Hanson said "no you do not need a holster"

To be more specific, you won't find that law in the ORC. Only pertaining to vehicle carry. Out of vehicle carry you DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE THE GUN IN A HOLSTER. It is NOT a felony to do so.

Once again, outside of vehicle carry has no specified means.

As I explained you'd of known you needed a holster, that it's required even for every gun you carry in this state. Otherwise, it's a felony.

The fact that you actually think I carry that, daily, explains why you are eager to make me look like I am ignorant on the topic.

The fact that you actually think I carry that, daily, explains why you are eager to make me look like I am ignorant on the topic.

Cinergi is ignorant on the topic, as not only is it not a felony to carry a concealed handgun not in a holster (outside of a vehicle) but it isn't even a crime nor specified anywhere in the ORC.

Cinergi is ignorant on the topic, as not only is it not a felony to carry a concealed handgun not in a holster (outside of a vehicle) but it isn't even a crime nor specified anywhere in the ORC.

I realize this since I know several people that carry small pistols in their pocket. Females in purses, etc, but hey...what do I know.

I realize this since I know several people that carry small pistols in their pocket. Females in purses, etc, but hey...what do I know.

Lol... even better, what do I know, I only heard it from Ken Hanson, the man who helped the Ohio lawmakers write the damn legislation.

Lol... even better, what do I know, I only heard it from Ken Hanson, the man who helped the Ohio lawmakers write the damn legislation.

Just from what Ken told us at our CCW class, it has to be in a holster. I dont know any truth to that otherwise, but thats what Ken told us (He did a 2 hour peice at our CCW class at blackwing). Thats also why I mentioned the open carry issue, Ken told us there is a guy in Cleveland right now facing charges (menacing, I think) for open carrying,

Just from what Ken told us at our CCW class, it has to be in a holster. I dont know any truth to that otherwise, but thats what Ken told us (He did a 2 hour peice at our CCW class at blackwing). Thats also why I mentioned the open carry issue, Ken told us there is a guy in Cleveland right now facing charges (menacing, I think) for open carrying,

It only has to be in a holster for vehicle carry. He clarified that for us at our class (On The Defense). There is absolutely NOTHING in the ORC about the gun being required to be in a holster for out of vehicle carry. Holster is the correct term as well. When you search the ORC for "Holster" it only brings up 2 results

If the person is stopped for a law enforcement purpose, if the person is carrying a concealed handgun, and if the person is approached by any law enforcement officer while stopped, knowingly remove or attempt to remove the loaded handgun from the holster, pocket, or other place in which the person is carrying it, knowingly grasp or hold the loaded handgun, or knowingly have contact with the loaded handgun by touching it with the person’s hands or fingers at any time after the law enforcement officer begins approaching and before the law enforcement officer leaves, unless the person removes, attempts to remove, grasps, holds, or has contact with the loaded handgun pursuant to and in accordance with directions given by the law enforcement officer;

2923.16 Improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle.

(a) The loaded handgun is in a holster on the person’s person.....

(2) If the person is transporting or has a loaded handgun in a motor vehicle in a manner authorized under division (E)(1) of this section, knowingly remove or attempt to remove the loaded handgun from the holster, case, bag, box, container, or glove compartment, knowingly grasp or hold the loaded handgun, or knowingly have contact with the loaded handgun by touching it with the person’s hands or fingers while the motor vehicle is being operated on a street, highway, or public property unless the person removes, attempts to remove, grasps, holds, or has the contact with the loaded handgun pursuant to and in accordance with directions given by a law enforcement officer;....

(5) If the person is the driver or an occupant of a motor vehicle that is stopped as a result of a traffic stop or a stop for another law enforcement purpose, if the person is transporting or has a loaded handgun in the motor vehicle in a manner authorized under division (E)(1) of this section, and if the person is approached by any law enforcement officer while stopped, knowingly remove or attempt to remove the loaded handgun from the holster, case, bag, box, container, or glove compartment, knowingly grasp or hold the loaded handgun, or knowingly have contact with the loaded handgun by touching it with the person’s hands or fingers in the motor vehicle at any time after the law enforcement officer begins approaching and before the law enforcement officer leaves, unless the person removes, attempts to remove, grasps, holds, or has contact with the loaded handgun pursuant to and in accordance with directions given by the law enforcement officer;...

(i) The handgun is in a holster on the person’s person.

Holster ONLY pertains to vehicle carry, according to the ORC.

Also, when it comes to "menacing" or "Inciting Panic" the Ohio AG has issued a statement saying that will put a stop to that unless the person OC is actually doing something wrong. Like I said, they will try to charge you with something, but it won't stick.

Please show me where the ORC says that, Ken Hanson said "no you do not need a holster"

To be more specific, you won't find that law in the ORC. Only pertaining to vehicle carry. Out of vehicle carry you DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE THE GUN IN A HOLSTER. It is NOT a felony to do so.

Once again, outside of vehicle carry has no specified means.

I know of multiple cases in which citizens have been charged and convicted of not having their gun in a holster by FCMC--I don't care what the law says, defense attorneys have not be able to successfully defend it and that's what matters... I have never listened to Ken Hanson speak I only know of what I have heard from Jonathan Fulkerson who actually wrote the text of the legislation.

I know of multiple cases in which citizens have been charged and convicted of not having their gun in a holster by FCMC--I don't care what the law says, defense attorneys have not be able to successfully defend it and that's what matters... I have never listened to Ken Hanson speak I only know of what I have heard from Jonathan Fulkerson who actually wrote the text of the legislation.

Yeah, in their cars probably. There is NOTHING in the LAW that prohibits carrying without a holster, NOTHING.

The only cases I found in Ohio had to do with illegal vehicle carry.

No, not in their cars. You need to remember not all cases become public record and you also need to recall how anti-gun Franklin County prosecutors actually are. I understand what you're trying to argue, but you're refusing to see what I am actually presenting. It has happened to good citizens and it can happen to anyone with or without good legal representation. If you believe yourself to be safe in that manner, then by all means proceed in what you're doing. I however have seen the otherside of the coin.

No, not in their cars. You need to remember not all cases become public record and you also need to recall how anti-gun Franklin County prosecutors actually are. I understand what you're trying to argue, but you're refusing to see what I am actually presenting. It has happened to good citizens and it can happen to anyone with or without good legal representation. If you believe yourself to be safe in that manner, then by all means proceed in what you're doing. I however have seen the otherside of the coin.

I'll ask a lawyer buddy of mine tomorrow. He is a Franklin County contract public defender. He'll look up the cases and explain how and why they were charged. Basically, ORC says there are no restrictions on out of vehicle carry. I really don't believe you.

Wow. I really don't care if you believe me. It's not a pissing contest. I don't really care if you're arrested or not. You'll have fun with your day in court, won't you? I'm around the gun culture all day long and I know what I see. You're just going off of what you read.