If only I had the money...

Rally Pat

shit that is tempting, I have a 7 k budget for another play toy, and I have another skyline rb26 clip that I could never sell , and 2 spare rb25 trannys........ ONLY thing is I wonder the history of the car, i was either looking for a 510, 260, or 280z but was going to hold out and get one in the california area, im going to email this guy and go take a look at it tonight and let you guys know the shape of it. If i did get it someone on here could buy the shitty motor in it for cheap.

shit that is tempting, I have a 7 k budget for another play toy, and I have another skyline rb26 clip that I could never sell , and 2 spare rb25 trannys........ ONLY thing is I wonder the history of the car, i was either looking for a 510, 260, or 280z but was going to hold out and get one in the california area, im going to email this guy and go take a look at it tonight and let you guys know the shape of it. If i did get it someone on here could buy the shitty motor in it for cheap.

280z FTW!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3231/2671952755_518e1ac19c_o.jpg

Its much easier to swap in a Toyota Inline 6 than it is to swap in an RB series motor. I suggest hitting up HybridZ.org. I spend lots of time on there.

Its much easier to swap in a Toyota Inline 6 than it is to swap in an RB series motor. I suggest hitting up HybridZ.org. I spend lots of time on there.

what makes it more easy? ive rode in a few swapped z cars out in california at mckinney motorsports i love them! Even tho toyota engines are great hands down, id like to keep it a nissan engine if i went this route.

swapping an rb into a 240sx is more complicated then a z car im sure, the space in the 240 sucks, wiring any nissan/datsun harness gets easy with the more you do, getting a nice engine mounts and tranny mount set up are so easy to come by anymore you can find them used on nissan sites almost every week from fallen projects......... I dont get why a toyota engine would be more easy?

swapping an rb into a 240sx is more complicated then a z car im sure, the space in the 240 sucks, wiring any nissan/datsun harness gets easy with the more you do, getting a nice engine mounts and tranny mount set up are so easy to come by anymore you can find them used on nissan sites almost every week from fallen projects......... I dont get why a toyota engine would be more easy?

Sell me your 240. Now, please. :D

Because all you need to swap it in is a set of Jaguar V12 engine mounts or a $300 crossmember from a certain vendor. An RB actually takes quite a bit of fabrication to make even fit. You have to modify several parts of the engine for everything to fit and clear, namely the oil pan and pickup.

In the words of someone that completed an RB swap (one of the stickies in the RB section):

For anyone considering this mod if you’re in Japan or Australia or have a lot of money go for it…. Anywhere else id go with v-8 or Toyota 2jz TT which is a very similar in performance to the rb26

Someone else in the Toyota section has said about the 1JZ: "If the Z came from the factory with no motor, it would be as if these two were made for each other".