331 stroker that wont start

Nd4spd_150

Also - way more simple but easily overlooked... make sure you not only have the wires connected to the right cylinder but that you have them going the correct order around the cap. If it's a late model motor it's 13726548 and the rotor spins counter-clockwise.

I have almost been bitten by this once or twice myself. (wires on in the "right" order but went clockwise instead of counter)

yeah the battery is charged all the wires are right the fuel injectors are working....its some sort of electrical problem because after i tried to crank it over again i shut off now the only thing the car does is if you open the door the dome light flashes on,off,on,off but the light is very very dim.

the ground is good....i think i found the problem or atleast i can up with a possibility.....i hooked my MSD box up to the negative terminal on the battery as opposed to a ground so i might have popped the ECM fuse

the negative battery terminal is the ground.....

let us know if you can't get it going I could swing by after work thursday and check it out

Sounds like you have more than one problem-

Either you have a major short or you have a bad connection at your battery cables to the battery for the drain issue and dim dome light. Is this a very high compression engine?

As far as the distributor being off 180 I mean to say that you may have installed the distributor 180 degrees opposite to how it should be installed. IE rather than firing at top dead center on the compression stroke it is firing on the exhaust stroke. If you are not ultra careful it is really easy to do especially if you lost track of where you were when you were adjusting valve lash or had to move the car in gear to install a belt or something. I had done it more than once since then I came up with a system to insure it doesn't happen again as it is frustrating.

I am assuming this is a 302 H.O. firing order engine that has been stroked to a 331? Installed in a fox body mustang?

How did you verify it was getting fuel? Are the plugs soaked with fuel after it cranks? or have you taken out a plug and felt/smelled fuel when cranking? How was the mixture set to accomodate the larger injectors and I am assuming different/calibrated MAF?

Also if you can't get it to start how do you know there aren't any vacuum leaks?

When was the last time it ran? What have you changed since it ran? How did you maintain the ignition timing?

no alarm...no nothing I haven't tried or looked at anything since yesterday....as far as the negative battery cable i am going to try to hook it to a ground just to eliminate on prob i think i blew the main computer fuse.....i will prolly head over later this evening to tinker a little more.