Honda = out of F1

AJ

Who cares? F1 has been boring as fuck for years.

its not about F1, its about big money team pulling out because of money.

Damn check out the wives/girlfriends link found on the sam epage. Some hoooootttttttteeeeeeessssssss

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27085151

have money, have hot women. please don't tell ashley i don't have any money.

The problem is that the racing is SO close, that really small things are the difference between 1st and 20th. As I'm sure all of us can relate, getting that last 0.01% is very expensive. So as long as there are people willing to spend the money to get that last hundredth, any team that doesn't will lose.

In the LAST race of 2008, which is the LAST race that those chassis will ever be used, McLaren spent $3mil and gained 0.1 sec. Ferrari was right up there with them, so they obviously spent the money to gain a similar advantage. But BMW, who was looking so strong early in the year, didn't look so good for the last half because they stopped development on the car to concentrate on next year's car.

Formula 1 is the ultimate expression of "Cubic Dollars." They can cut operating costs by regulating them, but they can't cut development costs because it'd be impossible to police.

It sucks that Honda pulled out, but they just weren't competitive. Only a few races in, Super Aguri Honda pulled out as well. It's just not a winning platform for F1, and with the economy as it is I definitely agree that they can't spend the money on development costs.

I don't know what they can do to clamp the costs of F1 without turning it into a spec series. Let's just hope the changes for '09 will make it more exciting for more people so attendance/viewership will go up

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/Ricochet16/crazyeye1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/Ricochet16/crazyeye2.jpg

[

I woulda thought somewhere in those millions he could have afforded a boob job for her...just sayin.

All that Honda has ever done in F1 is have one car blow up the engine within the first 5 laps, and have their other car cause a giant wreck. Seems like they are lucky just to finish races, at which point it's probably for the best that they are bowing out.

From what I read Ferrari bought the team and will be funning it under the Ferrari Enzo banner as a development group.

Hopefully this is true so we've still got full fields in F1. I really enjoy'd the last season.

Andy

They'd better be careful, Vettel showed that development teams can sometimes show up the parent teams. ;)

They'd better be careful, Vettel showed that development teams can sometimes show up the parent teams. ;)

Agreed. Hopefully the plans work out to have a Ferrari power in that chassis to keep it alive for next year. I just read a bit more this morning and I'm not sure that's as likely as it sounded to be just the other day.

In other notes. Did you guys see this week the Audi also announced they will be pulling the LMP-1 R10 from ALMS this year? They're going to run Sebring 12 hours with it and then not run the remainder of the season and instead only focus on Lemans efforts. It sucks but they were basically racing themselves in-class all last year kinda like the 'vettes did in GT1.

However, it sounds like they will remain in the series with efforts shifting to the GT2 class and the racing version of the R8 street car. GT2 is going to be GREAT this year with 4 strong makes going for the title. BMW will be back in the game with the new M3 along with Audi's R8 to challenge the Ferrari vs. Porsche battle that's been great for the last two seasons. So at least we've got SOMETHING positive to look forward to in the racing world this year.

Andy