Thinking of picking this up...

93toNV

Wife and I went and looked at a 2002 Ford Excursion 4x4 Limited with the v10 gas motor today. Has all the space in the world! Flip down DVD, heated leather, power pedals, the whole package. They are asking $11000 for it, and it has 90k on the clock. Any opinions? How do they hold up maint. wise?? Anyone ever own one or know someone who does?

11/26/08 BAY CITI Regular $5,000 59,273 Avg WHITE 10G A Yes

11/20/08 FRDKBURG Lease $7,000 63,518 Above RED 10G A Yes

11/26/08 KC Lease $6,100 75,072 Avg GOLD 10G A Yes

11/26/08 SAN ANTO Lease $6,300 109,364 Avg BLUE 10G A Yes

in case you dont belive me. there all limited's

Don't know how much they're worth, but those things like most Ford trucks are ball joint/ front end machines. The drivetrains seem to hold up well, but you'll make up for that when you need to replace all 4 ball joints on the front and it costs you $1100 true story. Go find a diesel.

I bought my 02 Suburban Z71 with 80K on the clock for $7000 - keep shopping

Thats what Im thinking, I shouldnt just settle for the 1st one I see. This dealer is being generous though. My fusion books for 8600 trade in, hes willing to give me 10,300 for it! Which is payoff, so does it still sound like a bad idea?

Thats what Im thinking, I shouldnt just settle for the 1st one I see. This dealer is being generous though. My fusion books for 8600 trade in, hes willing to give me 10,300 for it! Which is payoff, so does it still sound like a bad idea?

This is a dealer scheme. Dealers may give you more for YOUR car, but then they raise their bottom price on the car they're selling to get the price they want. The more they give you for you car, the more they want for the car they're selling. The less they give you for your car, the more they want for he car they're selling.

So im guessing by the responses here, most people wouldnt do this? Heres the whole story, basically, id be trading him my 06 Fusion (4cyl) with only 12000mi. on it, for a 2002 Ford Excursion with 90k on it.

Don't know how much they're worth, but those things like most Ford trucks are ball joint/ front end machines. The drivetrains seem to hold up well, but you'll make up for that when you need to replace all 4 ball joints on the front and it costs you $1100 true story. Go find a diesel.

we have a 2000 expedition, 80k all 4 ball joints being replaced this week, $840. average about 15MPG. other than the balljoints and replacing front swaybar end links the truck is great.

Stay away from the v10 unless you are happy with 8 miles per gallon, i'm not exagerating. You might see 12MPG if you drive highway at 55MPH.

I've talked to people with all 3 motors about them, the folks with the 6.0L diesel version claim 18-20 mpg highway.

11,000 is about 4k too much for that truck.

he wants to get that truck off the lot, like i said above, don't bother with the v-10.