E-46 M3?

dover

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no drag racing with this one it will be strictly for getting to work and the occasional trip to New Orleans or Houston both about 4/5 hour drives. I want something kinda fast, reliable, and good looking.

well, it certainly fits the bill for that, but so does the Z06, and it'll get better mileage on the highway trips. Question is, are you going to need to fill a trunk for those long trips?

well, it certainly fits the bill for that, but so does the Z06, and it'll get better mileage on the highway trips. Question is, are you going to need to fill a trunk for those long trips?

I actually believe the Z06 will get better gas milage than the e46 on the freeway.

-Marc

Gas Mileage is a plus but I think I am feeling the overall look and appeal the M3 has, plus I really don't know if I want to fall in the "oh another zo6" category. And for the trips I really don't pack to much. But does anyone have experince modding these cars with just the basics i.e intake, exhaust, chip. How do they react to these things? I really appreciate the input guys.

Tripple Cause E46 M3's are great cars

Seriously, the best way to describe the M3 is as the ultimate compromise car. It does everything very well but is outstanding at nothing. 4 people fit fine, it's got great power, luxuries, etc. I won't ever sell mine.

Andy

p.s. check out M3forum.net for all the info you need.

I actually believe the Z06 will get better gas milage than the e46 on the freeway.

-Marc

However, there is an e46 M3 as well as a Z06 in my garage and I love them both. The Bemmer is more practical for day to day use regarding comfort and usable storage space.

Ultimately, the choice is yours. Drive both and see what you like better and what will fit your needs.

Post pics when you make a decision. :)

-Marc

Trader x 2

M3's are quality cars and they look good...

BUT IMO

Too expensive for what they have to offer, cant mod them unless you want to spend some serious money on a car that's over-priced to begin with, and they sound like crap with an aftermarket exhaust(sorry).

The Z06 may not have the same quality as the M3, but it will cost you less, its faster, takes well to mods which wont cost you an arm and 3 legs.