[ Gun Crew ] Deer Hunting.

thorne

first thing i guess is have you taken the hunters safty course?

second there is a hunters manual released every year with new laws and regulations. you can pick one up where ever you can buy a license.

im not sure exactly what guns are prohibited during the week of gun season but i know for sure its in the manual. and also for a fact you can not use high powered rifles. my gun of choice has always been a 12 guage. sometimes 20 guage. when using a shot gun, pump, bolt action, or any other that has a large magazine you are required to have a stopper in it that limits you to only having 3 rounds in the gun. one in the chamber and two in the magazine. this is a law to keep the maniacs from firing tons of shots at deer. realistically if you didnt hit them the first two times you shot there is no way you are gunna hit it the third fourth fith or sixth time. lol. but people try anyways. first two days out there it sounds like a war zone. which is why you are required to wear at least one piece of hunter orange gear. i wear a vest over my cold weather and camo gear. there are other things but these are what i feel are top priority to know. best bet is to stop by sporting goods of walmart or meijer and ask for the lil booklet with this years regulations.

also if you have it and there is nothing else on tv stop by the out door channel. might pick up a few good tips on scouting and what not. and its half way entertaining.

I've never went, It's been something that for some reason lately has been going threw my mind. Where would one start learning. What kinda gun is required 12gauge?

LOLOL people like you are the reason i HATE gun hunting in ohio. if its brown its down..... you people should take up bow hunting before you just go out and take up gun hunting. this is why people get hurt during gun season around here.

Deer move lots during gun season. very few times is a deer just sitting there so you have to shot at something running and we all know what that will lead too. dont be a gun warrior be a hunter..