Camaro or Corvette

Yamaha74

I have been debating which car to get. It will either be a Camaro or a Corvette. I think I am leaning towards a Camaro Z28 or SS from 93-02 4th generation. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I am leaning this way just because it would be cheaper up front to buy the car and I would think performance parts would be cheaper then a Corvette. If I was to go the Corvette route I would be happy with a 97-04 model. Please anybody help me make a decision by giving your thoughts. I have always been a chevy fan so I am not interested in anything else.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its hard to beat the performance per $ of the C5Z. and its not much more than the camaro depending on what you get. most of the mods will cost about the same from car to car. part wise they will be the same for the most part, labor wise can be diffetent again depending on what you get.

Vette = Timeless. Easy choice if I had to make it. However, a camaro can be driven in winter if necessary and can see folks in the back if necessary.

vettes have heaters and wipers so they can be driven in the winter too. i drove it alot last winter and i will drive it some this winter if its nice out. i just don't now because i don't like washing it in the cold lol.

vettes have heaters and wipers so they can be driven in the winter too. i drove it alot last winter and i will drive it some this winter if its nice out. i just don't now because i don't like washing it in the cold lol.

yeah...I suppose, but you know what I mean....if it's bad and you have to be at work, it could make for an ugly morning :o

Its a myth that f-bodies and vettes cant be driven in the winter. I drove my car for the first 3 years I had it year round. It doesnt handle as well, but it will get you from point A to point B if you know how to drive, are patient, and have good tires.

My choice is in the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3DdUJzcDL0

in the winter, both cars blow, but in a vette, if for some reason you have to stop on an incline, you may not get started again, been there. I had to push :(

as for drag racing, i'd still take the vette, easier to work on the engine, it's lighter from the start.

Yes, I think you're right - all things being equal, it'll be cheaper to buy a Camaro as well as the parts for the Camaro. Not exceedingly cheaper, since, theoretically, we may be referring to a car that is over 10 years old (i.e., a 97 model), but still cheaper. If your pocketbook is living on the metaphorical edge and every single penny counts, then the Camaro may be the more logical choice. (However, if you're that strapped for cash, I'm not sure why you'd be buying a car at all.) If it's not, then it's time to consider other factors, like aesthetics, build quality, and so forth. This is where, for me, the Corvette starts to clearly distance itself from the Camaro. Aesthetically, for instance, the Corvette is the much more appealing car, IMHO. That I like the way it looks so much more than a Camaro will result in me paying more for that.

In the end, I suppose you have to determine what things other than price and the price of parts are important to you in this equation. Regardless of the way you dissect it, though, the Corvette will probably end up coming out on top in all of those extra categories, as it should: it's not exactly in the same class as a Camaro, and it was designed to cost tens of thousands of dollars more than a Camaro.