Car stereo

Nd4spd_150

I Just installed a headunit that has the plug in the front of it and you can connect your ipod to it it works fine, if i was going to install somehting like this on my mustang or something I would get one with the plug in the back and put the ipod in the glovebox and control the ipod through the headunit.

I wouldn't buy anything that is Fusion brand personally, gotta be shit.

Also, like others have said, just buy one that lets you plug your ipod into it. They have them with a plug in the faceplate, and some with harness that you can run from the rear of the unit to the glovebox, center console, etc.

When I say harness I don't mean a headphone jack that runs to the receiver, I mean a full blown data cable that allows full control of the ipod from the headunit as though it were the ipod itself ( without burying it in the headunit...).

It sounds like you may be new to car audio, and if you're just looking for something decent, check out the ipod control-capable head units from Pioneer and Alpine, they're both quality brands.

Also, like others have said, just buy one that lets you plug your ipod into it. They have them with a plug in the faceplate, and some with harness that you can run from the rear of the unit to the glovebox, center console, etc.

When I say harness I don't mean a headphone jack that runs to the receiver, I mean a full blown data cable that allows full control of the ipod from the headunit as though it were the ipod itself ( without burying it in the headunit...).

It sounds like you may be new to car audio, and if you're just looking for something decent, check out the ipod control-capable head units from Pioneer and Alpine, they're both quality brands.

agreed, you'll be in much better shape with something like this ^^ rather than one you physically insert your ipod into.

I bet that Fusion stuff is total crap.

My Premier deck has full iPod control. My iPod stays in the glovebox, and the head unit controls it. Works very well. I doubt you would fine my unit used for that price, but I know Pioneer offers units that are a lower model that will run the iPod as well.

+ a billion. Fusion is just like dual and insigna at bestbuy. It looks cool but in reality its a big piece of shit. When I worked back in car audio and in the install bay, I would never suggest this crap to anyone and if they did want it I would talk them out of it and get them into a alpine or pioneer or at least a jvc

Oh no one in here likes clarion? I see how it is....

I wouldn't buy that headunit unless it allowed full control over the ipod (like let you select a certain cd at any time). I had a pioneer with an ipod data cable and it charged the unit plus locked out the ipod controls at the same time. It didn't let me have full control of the ipod on my headunit. I could only play every song in alphabetical order or random. With 30 GB of music this is worthless.

I have one right now with a line in port on the front of the unit. That is all you need unless you don't own an mp3 player. They make ones with USB ports on the front of them. Those are awesome IMO I would sell my mp3 player if I bought one of those. Thumb drives are cheap these days.

I've got a Kenwood KDC-MP638U, cord that hooks up to my iPod which I made a little bracket for on the back of my glove box, so even if someone opens the glove box to find it they won't see it. The USB cord would rip out if someone tried to snatch the HU. All that Fusion POS would do is make it easier for someone to take your $200 iPod when they steal your HU.

edit: in no way am I suggesting you get what I have. It freezes a lot and sometime just goes blank for a second, not necessarily interrupting music.

I had a pioneer with an ipod data cable and it charged the unit plus locked out the ipod controls at the same time. It didn't let me have full control of the ipod on my headunit. I could only play every song in alphabetical order or random. With 30 GB of music this is worthless.

Best buy has a Pioneer HU on sale right now for $130 that includes the ipod cable. If you're looking for a semi cheap solution

The cheap Pioneer/Premier decks only give you partial control. The GOOD decks give you full control. Cheap head units are cheap for a reason.

Mine lets me do pretty much anything I can straight from the iPod, from Playlists, selecting by song/artist/album/random, Top 25 favorites, etc...you name it. I've been very happy with it.

This is what I have I bought it in the first 1-2 weeks it was released, and have been very pleased with it.

The cheap Pioneer/Premier decks only give you partial control. The GOOD decks give you full control. Cheap head units are cheap for a reason.

Mine lets me do pretty much anything I can straight from the iPod, from Playlists, selecting by song/artist/album/random, Top 25 favorites, etc...you name it. I've been very happy with it.

This is what I have I bought it in the first 1-2 weeks it was released, and have been very pleased with it.

Oh I understand that, you still have to control the ipod through the ipod and not the HU. I have a more expensive Pioneer in my Z that controls through the HU, but that costs considerably more. I just put a cheap one in my Jeep though which I'm more than happy to just use the ipod manually.

Just thought I'd make sure the guy knew all the options.