Mark II Supra ; Decent project car?

Tripleskate

I understand what you were saying Andrew, I just hate it when people jump right to the 2JZ conclusion, or say that is the only way to have fun with these cars. The 2JZ swap isn't the most cost effective way, or the most logical thing to do with these cars. The 7M swap is.

Also, you're not THAT much older than I am either. Granted, you have been into Toyotas longer than I have probably.

I agree with you man.. the 2J is played out like brushing your teeth, everyone does it anymore. But my point being, that everyone also has a reason to always swap the 2J- it delivers.

Not poor as in value, I meant it in reference to the color of thing. Vommit yellow is not the best color to choose to surround an engine that neat.

:D

~Edit~

Duh, I know me and my car are slow ;)

lol I agree, the color is terrible. And my bad for misunderstanding. :p

I agree with you man.. the 2J is played out like brushing your teeth, everyone does it anymore. But my point being, that everyone also has a reason to always swap the 2J- it delivers.

The 2JZ does deliver, but for the amount of money that you sink into a 2JZ swap for these cars, and for the power you make, it's more logical and feasible to do the 7M swap. There is a plethora of information about how to do the 7M swap, and that swap is the most popular one for the MkII.

The 2JZ is great, but for these cars, the 7M is the way to go.

The 2JZ does deliver, but for the amount of money that you sink into a 2JZ swap for these cars, and for the power you make, it's more logical and feasible to do the 7M swap. There is a plethora of information about how to do the 7M swap, and that swap is the most popular one for the MkII.

The 2JZ is great, but for these cars, the 7M is the way to go.

Absolutely.

• 2 weeks later...

well another opinion from a supra owner...

Ive had both the 7m and the 1j. Personally I like the 1j better, and i havent even gotten that serious into the 1j as I have had with the 7m's.

Entire rebuilds with forged assemblies bored over with bigger ct26's, Ill take the 1j.