ATTN: Parts of 270 closed this mornin

TimTaylor751647545500

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A crash forced the closure of a portion of Interstate 270 on the city's west side Tuesday morning.

The crash occurred shortly before 6:30 a.m. in the northbound lanes of I-270 near Roberts Road, 10TV's Karina Nova reported.

The northbound lanes of I-270 were closed after the crash. It was unknown when the road would reopen.

Drivers can use Hilliard Rome Road or Wilson Road as an alternative route, Nova reported.

One person was transported to Mount Carmel West Hospital. The extent of their injuries was not immediately known.

It was unknown whether slick roads contributed to the crash.

Stay with 10TV News and 10TV.com for more information.

http://10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2008/12/16/story_interstate_closed.html?sid=102

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- At least one person was killed in a multiple-vehicle accident that has closed the northbound lanes of Interstate 270 Tuesday morning.

That's on the city's West Side.

NBC 4 reported with the FAST FACTS.

CPD confirmed there was at least one fatality out of the accident.

Interstate 70 eastbound traffic onto I-270 northbound was being diverted to I-70 westbound.

The ramp to I-270 NB from Broad Street also was closed.

I-270 southbound was slow traveling, too. Traffic on I-70 westbound also will likely slow down.

The crash happened close to 6:10 a.m. just before the Roberts Road exit.

The closing will remain in effect until further notice; NBC 4 has no estimate.

Stay tuned to NBC 4 and refresh nbc4i.com for more information on this developing story.

http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2008-12-16-0006.html

The one time in years I have to go all the way over to the westside in the morning. I would just like to make a public apology to everyone I cut-off, sped past, and almost hit to get where i was going. I'm really sorry for the poor lady in the Suburban who I actually jumped the divider in front of, thanks for leaving me room. Wasn't even on 270, but 70 and Rome-Hilliard sucked.