Found this on another forum: 1999 Corvette $14k

FourString

$14k for a car from the south (read: no salt) and 86k on the clock and you wouldn't do that cuz its auto? You'd be giving up a hell of a deal.

Its a good deal, but I don't want an automatic anything let alone a sports car, so yea even if i had 14k for a car right now I'd pass.

Does the front bumper look like a darker shade of red than the rest of the car? :confused:

Good deal, though...looks like a really clean Corvette...

Yup, front bumper is a deeper red.. It was probably hit at some point. As for auto.. I'm with cred05 on this. Auto is just boring. I tried owning an auto (93 Mark VIII) and hated it. My little underpowered corolla with a third of the power was more fun to drive.

Does the front bumper look like a darker shade of red than the rest of the car? :confused:

Good deal, though...looks like a really clean Corvette...

all the reds do that, mine is the same way. its something about the plastics and fiberglass.

If you can do the work yourself and afford the down time, selling that exhaust and putting on a stocker, selling the auto, and selling the Mag wheels for some Z06's, should easily net you enough money to do a 6-speed swap.

Then you have 14k into a 6-speed C5.