Ammo??

Putty

So even more of a reason not to grab an AR if my life depended on it like in the other thread....amirite?

You more than likely to come across a national gaurd truck with AR mags and 5.56 ammo. Also the Wolf stuff is mostly steel cased and its harder to eject and like said before harder on the bolt. The steel case doesnt have enough give and it will get jammed in the chamber as opposed to the softer brass.

my take is about the same as yours putty. extra dirty and more cleaning. its main benefit, to me, is that its cheap. i used it a fair amount in my SKS until i got a bunch of soviet surplus ammo at a gun show. i just plink with it though, im not doing any type of precision shooting or anything lol. the soviet ammo is dirty too, but not as bad as the wolf.

i give my all my guns a thorough cleaning after use anyway, so the extra dirt isnt really that big of a deal for me. it takes some care to keep things in proper working order. just like with cars :)

the previous owner used wolf in my sks and i have a bunch also the main problem is there is a lacquer on the shell that when putting some threw heats up and sticks to the barrel causing the shell stick in there or jam. happened to me alot you have to clean it very well i have alot im going to waste but then will probably just buy brass jackets.

I put thousands of rounds of the shit though my guns and never had any problems in my AK, AR and my UZI. Its not for precision shooting its cheap shit for fun. If you dont get the laquer coated stuff your fine. You just cant reload the stuff and make sure you clean your gun good after each shooting session as you would any other time and you will be fine.

In my bushmaster, I've had the best luck with wolf 55 hp ammo. I know it's dirty, but I've never had a casing lodge in there, just a few jams. I've shot lots of winchester and federal .223/ 5.56mm with nothing but problems. I think winchester is more of shitty ammo all the way around. my glock, springfield, smith and wessen all hated it.

I'm sure i'll get hated, but my M4 likes wolf ammo, and it's accurate. and it's hard to beat the price to just go out and shoot for fun.

I won't shoot wolf in my handguns though, sellier and bellot all the way.