The FUCKING Blue Jackets

HotCarl

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been getting into these games now. I used to get sick of watching the Blue Jackets, and I've been playing since I was 9. These young kids are bringing something new to the team and I find myself watching any game I can.

Ive always been 'on the fence' about being a jackets fan (im from Long Island and growing up my dad was a huge isle's fan) but this campaign has made me a true jackets fan. I dont let it get to me but i can honestly say its a pretty big dissappointment when we lose a game and just knowing that we have the ability to win ANY game against ANY team we play makes me a bigger fan.

So far this road trip has been a killer though. Scored two big points against the Canucks but let be honest Mason is starting to come back down to earth. Sure he's been great and he's still on par to be a decent NHL goalie he's just not "a-mase-ing" anymore thats all. But its great to see the club rally around him and put some points on the board to back him up. Its just sucks that we took the loss against a team in DIRECT contention for a playoff spot with the Oilers and now tonight against the team in 3rd place in our division with Calgary. At least we walked away with an OT point but i know these guys can bounce back, we'll see.

Anyone else read the [near insignificant] news that Leclaire is having ankle surgery?

p.s. Steve Mason is the next Martin Brodeur. remember this post, for it is the truth.

Its somewhat signifigant in the fact that Mason needs a break. We've been riding him as a number one goalie for too long and we need to bring in a dependable number 2 to back him up. Without LeClaire there the only one to call up is the goalie from Syracuse which isnt too flattering. Thats why we picked up Dubielewicz who isnt bad per say but he's definitly not a number one goalie.

Oh and ive always HATED Calgary, in particularly Ignilia. I dont know why but that city looks at him like he's the chosen one and i fucking hate that guy. The fact that they somehow picked up Bertuzzi (hell maybe off parol for all we know) makes me hate them even more.

Mason has what 13 consecutive starts? That is wear and tear on your body! I don't recall Leclaire going more than 10 games starting. Mason is young too, and that is just a lot of play time, especially with all that travel.

I never played goalie but it's not easy playing all those games. That equipments is HEAVY! Although he is not skating around all the time, he is an active goal tender.

I never was a huge jackets fan, but the way that the team is starting to come together, and I'm really starting to turn around. They make it exciting to watch a game, and the young kids are out there playing for the win giving it all they have.

Throwing bodies, digging for pucks in the corners. I see a Stanley Cup contender team in the next years to come.

Mason has what 13 consecutive starts? That is wear and tear on your body! I don't recall Leclaire going more than 10 games starting. Mason is young too, and that is just a lot of play time, especially with all that travel.

Well and they said he's be suffering from back spasms the past week or so. That's why he decided to not play in the Youngstars game this weekend. He would rather rest b/c he said his team came first.

I'm a huge Jackets fan. I used to be a big Pens fan before we got the CBJ in town, but from then on I've been rooting for the Jackets. I still root for the Pens and it's okay in my mind b/c they are in a different conference, but I don't go out of my way to.

Anyone going to the game Saturday night? Mmm free clubs seats on $1 hotdog night. :thumbup:

Throwing bodies, digging for pucks in the corners. I see a Stanley Cup contender team in the next years to come.

I agree. Once we get healthy, get Brassard back next year, resign Nash to a 5+ year deal in the offseason, and then Filatov starts to matures and becomes the superstar he should be. We'll be in a great position for while to win the cup.

Anyone else read the [near insignificant] news that Leclaire is having ankle surgery?

p.s. Steve Mason is the next Martin Brodeur. remember this post, for it is the truth.

If he stays healthy and on this track maybe he’ll be that good. He's already complaining of back spasms and it could just be he's having a great year too. I’m a big Penguins fan and Marc-Andre Flurry had a great season last year, but now he’s playing like a fucking scrub and the year before he was good but not great. So players have up and down seasons. I know he's played damn well this season, but I want to see him after his 2nd or 3rd before I start making statements like that.

Oh and just a note. Hitch made a comment this week (im paraphrasing b/c i dont know it word for word) that if the 'war room' would've made the correct call in each of the 3 situation's in which its lost us a game this year we'd be sitting in 5th place, not 10th. what a fucking difference.

The so-called 'war room' is a joke.

Oh and just a note. Hitch made a comment this week (im paraphrasing b/c i dont know it word for word) that if the 'war room' would've made the correct call in each of the 3 situation's in which its lost us a game this year we'd be sitting in 5th place, not 10th. what a fucking difference.

The so-called 'war room' is a joke.

Like the Dallas game where we lost a point to Manny's "kick" into the goal. Pure BS.

If he stays healthy and on this track maybe he’ll be that good. He's already complaining of back spasms and it could just be he's having a great year too. I’m a big Penguins fan and Marc-Andre Flurry had a great season last year, but now he’s playing like a fucking scrub and the year before he was good but not great. So players have up and down seasons. I know he's played damn well this season, but I want to see him after his 2nd or 3rd before I start making statements like that.

He's not doing QUITE as well as he did last year, but everyone just remembers him for the brick wall he was in the playoffs. Problem is he gives up too many 2nd chances. That said, his stats this year are so far not too terrible; they seem to indicate more of a lack of defense on the part of the Pens than a decrease in the quality of goaltending.

That said, its a great time to be a Bruins fan. I was at the game on Monday that we lost to the Blues. Anyone else with me thinking that this should NOT have been a goal?

watch in high quality or you won't be able to see

That said, its a great time to be a Bruins fan. I was at the game on Monday that we lost to the Blues. Anyone else with me thinking that this should NOT have been a goal?

Yeah I watched that game on NHL network. I thought his stick was above the goal post.

He's not doing QUITE as well as he did last year, but everyone just remembers him for the brick wall he was in the playoffs. Problem is he gives up too many 2nd chances. That said, his stats this year are so far not too terrible; they seem to indicate more of a lack of defense on the part of the Pens than a decrease in the quality of goaltending.

That was a fucking rediculous goal. I could not believe they even contemplated letting it stand after the first replay. I dont know how Boston's arena is setup but im sure the camera angle cant be THAT much off, its pretty obvious that stick is at least a foot above the crossbar.

EDIT:oh and the moves in that shootout were simply sick.

That was a fucking rediculous goal. I could not believe they even contemplated letting it stand after the first replay. I dont know how Boston's arena is setup but im sure the camera angle cant be THAT much off, its pretty obvious that stick is at least a foot above the crossbar.

EDIT:oh and the moves in that shootout were simply sick.

truth. Wheeler's move was sick too bad he couldn't control it at the end. Thomas is pretty good in the shootout, but looks like the Blues studied tapes/Boyes probably had some prior experience:cool:

Christ! Rick Nash with the hat trick finisher!

haha I jumped off my couch pumping my fist like I did something too. Giving a point to Detriot isn't really going to hurt us, as long as we can get it done in regulation the rest of the games this week.

The Western confrence is so odd you have 2 great teams (Sharks and Wings), then 2 just straight ass teams (The Blues and Kings or Nashville). Then everyone else is about the same. Heck right now theres 2 points between 5th and 9th place....Could this be the year for the Jackets!?

The Western confrence is so odd you have 2 great teams (Sharks and Wings), then 2 just straight ass teams (The Blues and Kings or Nashville). Then everyone else is about the same. Heck right now theres 2 points between 5th and 9th place....Could this be the year for the Jackets!?

I wouldn't count the Kings out. If Jonathan Quick can become what they say he's potential of, then I think they have their team set for the long run and could be very good here soon.