TT Lexus IS-F dyno

Aaron

I really like the new 250 & 350, but the 250 is way too slow & small for what they charge. If they made the 350 with a manual & AWD it would be perfect.

:(

With AWD selling as well as they do in the US, I am really suprised they don't make an IS350 AWD. It would sell for sure. Still wouldn't have a manual trans though. :mad:

skold=lexus/ase cert.

and someone cant read, the car was made just for lexus customers, they dont want it compared to anything else

I think you are missing my point. Saying that the IS-F was made for Lexus customers is retarded. Will they sell it to first time Lexus buyers? Yes.

You can say that any car from any brand is made for xxxx customers. The RS4 is for Audi drivers that wanted more from their S4s, and the M3 is for 3 series drivers that needed more power etc. Still another model that WILL be compared with and cross shopped with Audi/Mercedes/BMW.

The R32 from VW is just for GTI drivers that want AWD, etc, however it is compared and cross shopped with the STI/Evo/WRX etc because of its platform, capabilites and price.

I have no doubt what you are saying is what Lexus is serving, however it is just companies trying not to be put up agains their competition. The S4 used to be compared to the M3, but now that is the RS4's job. And the new A4 2.0T's competition according to Audi is the 328xi and the c300 4 matic. Companies try to form classes and competition (or lack there of) to make their car more appealing to customers. I would say at least 75% of car shoppers use price to decide what the competition is.

Wow, pretty sure I got on a rant.......

I really like the new 250 & 350, but the 250 is way too slow & small for what they charge. If they made the 350 with a manual & AWD it would be perfect.

:(

We test drove an IS250... when i told my wife to floor it when we got on 270.. Her response was "it is". So we got the IS350.

LOL..I got in a dig against a 250 once, it was pathetic...I had to slow down, heard him still revving, and got back in it.

185 ft/lbs@4800 rpm and 3600 lbs didn't work for me either.I test drove the IS250 then bought the last brand new 2005 IS300 they had on the lot!