looking for video editing help!

CRAWDAD

This is the first video that I have ever edited or made! any suggestion would help. Or feel free to comment on the car its self. It is a 03 mustang 3.8 v6 with a m112 supercharger from a 2003/04 cobra.

Most people on here already know that Sonicstang is my little brother. Here is a little video to the begining!!!!!!!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Sonicstangs-03-38-Mustang_207944.htm

Just a helpful hint for future videos, don't slap on some played out radio song that everybody's tired of hearing for the millionth time.

I know what you mean. But that is just what I had on my computer. I quit d/l music a few years back.

Maybe Next time I will use the Jefferson or Sanford and Son theme songs. hehe

Not too bad, here's a couple of things though:

-Match the photo transitions up with the music to give it a better effect.

-Music isn't bad, but that song is rather harsh and difficult to work with. Choose songs that are better flowing and easier to work with next time.

-When the car makes an actual pull, just put the music down a little bit; you don't have to completely turn the music off. This is effective for REALLY loud videos, but for this one, you would just have to turn the song's volume down a little bit.

Those are a few of my tips for video success. I've got a few more tips, but those will get you by for 95% of your video stuff. If you like these tips, I will give you more. May I ask what program you used to edit it?

Not too bad, here's a couple of things though:

-Match the photo transitions up with the music to give it a better effect.

-Music isn't bad, but that song is rather harsh and difficult to work with. Choose songs that are better flowing and easier to work with next time.

-When the car makes an actual pull, just put the music down a little bit; you don't have to completely turn the music off. This is effective for REALLY loud videos, but for this one, you would just have to turn the song's volume down a little bit.

Those are a few of my tips for video success. I've got a few more tips, but those will get you by for 95% of your video stuff. If you like these tips, I will give you more. May I ask what program you used to edit it?

Program=Windows Movie Maker. It was already on the computer.

sound vs. music I tried to turn it down. Couldn't figure it out, so I just cut it out. then started it back up again!

Songs- I am limited to which songs I have. I quit using limewire-kazza and a few other a couple years ago.

match photo with music- I would have really liked to do that but I think this program is really limited. It may have it in there But not sure how to use the program. Hell I didn't even know I had it on here and I have had this desk top for over 3yrs! LOL

Sure go ahead and give me Suggestion!

What program should I consider buying?

something pretty easy to use and something pretty cheap!

Windows Movie Maker is actually a pretty powerful software for being a stock install on the PCs. I used that when I first started out, and I made some pretty nice little videos with it. Video editing is the kind of thing that the old expression "practice makes perfect" comes into play about. I spent the first year or so of my editing career (before Firehead Studios came about in 2005) just messing around with the software and making compilation videos. I was surprised too when I found that I had editing software on my computer!

A lot of it is just trial and error. Limewire is a great tool for getting music for videos. As far as matching pictures to the music, in the program, you can either go by a song that you know and put the switches to the beat, or watch the sound progression of the song in the audio track.

It will just take some getting used to. Windows Movie Maker was great for my first little bit with Firehead, but after awhile, I outgrew it. Now, I am using Sony Vegas 6.0 to do all of my editing. This is a great, powerful software that I am still learning how to use even after a few years. I would recommend the Vegas software to anyone, and I believe that they are up to Vegas 7.0 or higher now. My 6.0 software is awesome for what I need, and I would look at either that or Sony Premiere Pro. Premiere is VERY expensive, but very worth it if you are going to be doing a lot of video editing. I have stuck by Sony products since I started doing studio work, and I will stick by them for the extent of my career.

If you do upgrade to a more advanced software, be prepared for a steep learning curve until you get the software figured out. Once you do figure it out though, it is like making the transition from a point-and-shoot camera to a DSLR one; you don't know how you got by before without it. :)

PM me if you have any questions about Vegas or want any more info.

Windows Movie Maker is actually a pretty powerful software for being a stock install on the PCs. I used that when I first started out, and I made some pretty nice little videos with it. Video editing is the kind of thing that the old expression "practice makes perfect" comes into play about. I spent the first year or so of my editing career (before Firehead Studios came about in 2005) just messing around with the software and making compilation videos. I was surprised too when I found that I had editing software on my computer!

A lot of it is just trial and error. Limewire is a great tool for getting music for videos. As far as matching pictures to the music, in the program, you can either go by a song that you know and put the switches to the beat, or watch the sound progression of the song in the audio track.

It will just take some getting used to. Windows Movie Maker was great for my first little bit with Firehead, but after awhile, I outgrew it. Now, I am using Sony Vegas 6.0 to do all of my editing. This is a great, powerful software that I am still learning how to use even after a few years. I would recommend the Vegas software to anyone, and I believe that they are up to Vegas 7.0 or higher now. My 6.0 software is awesome for what I need, and I would look at either that or Sony Premiere Pro. Premiere is VERY expensive, but very worth it if you are going to be doing a lot of video editing. I have stuck by Sony products since I started doing studio work, and I will stick by them for the extent of my career.

If you do upgrade to a more advanced software, be prepared for a steep learning curve until you get the software figured out. Once you do figure it out though, it is like making the transition from a point-and-shoot camera to a DSLR one; you don't know how you got by before without it. :)

PM me if you have any questions about Vegas or want any more info.

I started with Premier....

Once you get it figured out "Software" Try to write out the video on paper like a visual aid cheat sheet, discuss it with friends that way not only do you like it so will your audience and you can make sure it apealls to them also not just what you cook up late night in front of your computer.

I started with Premier....

Once you get it figured out "Software" Try to write out the video on paper like a visual aid cheat sheet, discuss it with friends that way not only do you like it so will your audience and you can make sure it apealls to them also not just what you cook up late night in front of your computer.

I didn't say you couldn't start with Premiere, but I just think it would be easier to start with the basics and work from there. I applaud you for learning straight from Premiere Pro. ;)

I didn't say you couldn't start with Premiere, but I just think it would be easier to start with the basics and work from there. I applaud you for learning straight from Premiere Pro. ;)

No I was just saying I hated life learning premeire with no book....

Editing is fun you can do anything you want only your imagination limits you..

Got the PM JJ, you've got mail now. If you need any other help, don't hesitate to ask. ;)

I know what you're saying about the Premiere Pro too neonkiller, I did the same thing with Vegas. 99% of the time it's impossible to find what you need in the book, so trial-and-error is your best bet.

I like this cars engine set up and the numbers are solid. What is the mod list?

m112 sc-from 03 cobra,

39lbs injectors-from 03 cobra,

TB-from 03 cobra,

Maf-03 cobra,

STEEDA UDP,

pypes off road x-pipe,

Eibach pro kit srings,

M/T ET street drag radials

Tuned By DynoTuneMotorsports!

Not sure if I have for got anything else!

How do you like vegas?..

I no longer have premiere was thinking about getting it.

Got the PM JJ, you've got mail now. If you need any other help, don't hesitate to ask. ;)

I know what you're saying about the Premiere Pro too neonkiller, I did the same thing with Vegas. 99% of the time it's impossible to find what you need in the book, so trial-and-error is your best bet.