Bersa

HotCarl

So i always see these things for dirt cheap brand new. i was at powderroom and they had a subcompact 45 for only 350$. My brother bought a .380 for his wife for like $230 a few weeks ago. Whats the deal with these things? are they a good deal or do you get what you pay for?

Uhhh....... stick with Glocks?

:D

KillJoy

PS - 1911's too ;)

Oh yeah no doubt. Scotty said he might have a piece up for sale soon but i think 2 VERY similar glocks just diff caliber might be a bit much. If and when i buy another handgun it wil probably be an XD40 or M&P40 possibly subcompact.

But for the price, the Bersa was tempting.

Oh yeah no doubt. Scotty said he might have a piece up for sale soon but i think 2 VERY similar glocks just diff caliber might be a bit much. If and when i buy another handgun it wil probably be an XD40 or M&P40 possibly subcompact.

But for the price, the Bersa was tempting.

I would carry a 40 over 9 ANY DAY!

Even a Glock 36 if you are ok with the capacity ;) I think they are 6+1....

KillJoy

I would carry a 40 over 9 ANY DAY!

Even a Glock 36 if you are ok with the capacity ;) I think they are 6+1....

KillJoy

I wanted it to be my first i suppose and ive ALWAYS liked the 26 (duh). but i did shoot and play with a brand new subcompact XD at powder room and fucking loved that gun.

I held a 36 tonight. they are a bit slimmer like scotty mentioned a few days ago, but your right the capacity is slim aswell. might as well carry a revolver no?

Bersa used to make JUNK. I mean Raven/Lorsen quality stuff years back. They really improved and now in my book they're an A+. I don't own one because I just never got into them, but if I only had chump change, I'd buy one. I consider them to be just as reliable as CZs, Glocks and AK47s. I don't normally give such ringing endorsements, but that Thunder 380 is hard to argue against, especially like Scott says... with the new Critical Defense ammo. I liked their nine model as well, but I have no experience with the 45. We have one at work, but it's the first one I have handled. I wouldn't see any reason for it to be anything less than the Thunder 380 line-up. I took it apart and closely checked fit and was impressed.

FUCK THAT noise! Scand Frame w/ full load 357 = nose job!

:bangbang:

KillJoy

Actually, I thoroughly enjoy shooting mine. Most people would say it's something akin to taking an aluminum baseball bat to a mailbox at close to 60mph with fullhouse .357s in it, but it never really bothered me after the first few times I shot it. The way I see it, the other party will certainly feel it a lot more than I will if I ever have to use it.

I shot one of the Bright Blue Tit or Scand Frame when they first came out. I fired a Full House Load, and that some bitch hurt more than ANY thing I have ever fired! The bottom of the trigger guard jumped up and smached the bottom of my trigger finger so hard it left a bruise for WEEKS!

So..... me no like light weight revolvers :D

HOWEVER..... a Kel_Tec 380...... ;)

KillJoy