Raw Milk

Akula

Anyone on here have a source for raw cow's milk?

That is a tough one. The current food laws really clamp down on raw milk. You can look into finding an amish person that sells it. There is a place in Knox county called County Bulkfood (I think that is the name)on Nunda rd 43050 they may have it.

Any specific reason you want it?

I am looking for a herdshare that is closer to Columbus. I can get it via herdshare in Mt Gilead but that's kind of a long ride.

I am looking for the benefits of having the beneficial bacteria, the fats, and the flavor.

Well, I just went to Minnesota where I can buy raw milk at an organic consumers association. I also found a herdshare in Mt Gilead and am thinking about starting a consumers association as well.

Anyone interested in raw milk on here?

I am looking for a herdshare that is closer to Columbus. I can get it via herdshare in Mt Gilead but that's kind of a long ride.

I am looking for the benefits of having the beneficial bacteria, the fats, and the flavor.

Here you go... Sources for raw milk in ohio. http://www.realmilk.com

* Beallsville: Buckeye Grove Farm Cheese, LLC, Al and Renae Scheiderer, 50543 Run Rd

Beallsville, Ohio, 43716-9340. phone/fax: (740) 926-1848, website: http://www.buckeyegrovefarmcheese.com , email: bgfjersey@sbcglobal.net . Ohio licensed and inspected, Aged Raw Milk Jersey Artisan Cheeses. Grassland produced using only Grade "A" milk produced on their farm and processed in their cheese house on the farm. They use raw unpasturized milk from cows

not supplemented with rBST/rBGH, and no dyes, calcium chloride, nitrites, sorbates, vegetable matter, or powdered milk are ever added to the cheeses. Made at body heat straight from the cow. Waxed and natural rind cheeses aged on wood shelves. Please visit website for more information or to place an order.

* Columbus: The Clintonville Community Market, 200 Crestview Rd., Columbus, OH 43202 (614) 261-3663, http://www.communitymarket.org. Raw goat's milk cheese, and organic non-homogenized milk.

* Fairfield: Jungle Jim's Market, Inc., 5440 Dixie Hwy, Fairfield OH 45014, Ph: (513) 829-1919. Website. 1400 varieties of cheese available (but not all of them are made with raw milk). Also features Amish foods (including free range ostrich eggs), natural foods, a huge imported foods section, and when seasonally available, local produce, including organic.

* Franklin Furnace: 5T Farm, Dwight Otworth, 1073 Oakes Rd, (740)-574-2938. Andercraft@aol.com . Beginning a herd-share program. Building a market for farm fresh eggs, farm fresh pork, and beef. Farm and cattle are certified organic.

* Hamilton; Double J Farm, Joe & Janet Streit 3070 Wehr Rd. Hamilton, Ohio 45011. Located approximately 3 miles west of Trenton, Ohio off of state route 73. (513) 737 7131 e-mail countryroad@fuse.net . Organic grass-fed beef from Reg. Santa Gertrudis cattle, organic brown eggs from pastured hens. Jersey cows that are also grass-fed and currently selling cow shares. Call for more info.

* Hartsgrove: Valhalla Farm, 5091 Hyde Rd., Hartsgrove, OH 44085. Anita Whitlock, (440) 474-4465, email: anitawhitlock@yahoo.com . Located 35 miles east of Cleveland,OH. Selling a limited number of shares in a Nubian dairy goat herd for milk and value-added products- yogurt, cheeses. Also fresh organic, cage-free brown eggs from a hand-raised flock of Domenique hens. Please call for product availability and hours of operation.

* Hartsgrove: Valhalla Farm, 5091 Hyde Rd. http://www.valhallafarmcsa.com

* Middletown: Burnett's Land of Milk and Honey, Brian and Trudy Burnett, 10343 Brown's Run Road, Middletown, Ohio 45042. Located in German Township, Montgomery County 30 miles from Dayton. (937)855-3669. Email at BurnettsLandofMilkandHoney@gmail.com . Currently selling herd shares for fresh raw milk from pasture fed Jersey cows; raw, local honey harvested from their hives; farm fresh brown eggs from pastured chickens(available Spring of 2008). Call or email for more information.

* Mt. Gilead: Steve Miller, Jubilee Meadows Farm, LLC, 5867 TR97, Mt. Gilead, OH. 43338. (419) 946-1413, stevofarms@redbird.net . They offer herdshares for raw milk. They also produce grassfed beef, pork, chicken, and eggs. They will be certified organic the fall of 2008. The farm is located 45 minutes north of Columbus.

* Scio: Colonial Classics Farmstead Cheese, Inc. Kebria Dye, 37425 Gundy Ridge Road, Scio, Ohio. Phone number: (740)945-2079, e-mail address: website: http://www.naturalcheese.net . Raw milk pasture-fed aged cheddar cheese. No hormones. Mail orders.

* Yorkshire: E.A.T. Food for Life, Dan & Nancy Kremer, Yorkshire, OH 45388. Located 1 hr northwest of Dayton in northern Darke county in west central Ohio. (419) 336-LIFE(5433). http://www.eatfoodforlife.com. Organic, pastured raw pet food milk and raw milk cheese (Artisan, white and yellow Cheddar). Eggs, turkey, chicken, beef, lamb, goat, buffalo, and some pork.

Yep, you can get it at the Clintonville market. I was just there yesterday, actually. :) I'm a regular visitor; I get supplies for making granola, local honey, and natural PB that I grind there (among other things).

My grandparents were farmers and had warm, raw milk on the table every meal. I thought it was foul, but they never drank anything else.

x2 i used to tell my grandparents that i want some cold milk from the store. i was told when you go back to the city. you can buy some from the store.