• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You also have an extra cylinder over a Metro. :confused:

Maybe I'll be a pal and trade you cars one night after mine is back together, but we'll have to see how that goes. Sorry to hear about the negative equity, I've been there before. :(

I dunno. The Metro LSi has 4.

And the GTO would probably be fine in the winter as long as you had dedicted winter tires for it and didn't drive like a jackass. Some people don't realize how much a dedicated tire helps. And you don't need snow to utilize a winter tire. It's much grippier in the colder weather, too. Hell, just the old, half worn, stock width all seasons grip better than my wider, summer yoko's do right now.

Well I already considered the whole driving in the snow thing and I figured that it would do as well if not better than my current car. The goat has traction control and abs, my car has neither so that would be a plus. And the goat should get between 18-25mpg with the type of driving that I do and my sentra only gets 20-23mpg. So its not too big of a difference. I think Im just gonna put all my extra money into paying off the sentra and just keep it for a daily driver and then get a "grown up" car eventually. Either way this is poop cuz I really liked it. I guess Im gonna spend another summer being slow. Or maybe Ill boost the sentra.....NOT!

Something is not right here. My car got 26-28mpg mixed city/highway with a turbo...

How long have you owned the sentra?

Ive only had it for about a year and a half. I bought it for 10k with 40k miles and a new motor. It was a decent deal at the time. It was also valued at 12.5k at the time. But that sure didnt last.

I dunno. The Metro LSi has 4.

And the GTO would probably be fine in the winter as long as you had dedicted winter tires for it and didn't drive like a jackass. Some people don't realize how much a dedicated tire helps. And you don't need snow to utilize a winter tire. It's much grippier in the colder weather, too. Hell, just the old, half worn, stock width all seasons grip better than my wider, summer yoko's do right now.

Thats exactly how I feel about it. I think it would do ok year round. Plus I work at a tire shop and I get a good deal.

CR is some kind of fucking virus, it makes you sell you ricer bullshit for an LS1.

Well thats kinda true. In my case, I had always known that there were some pretty damn fast cars out there but I had always figured I couldnt afford one. So for a little while I thought that a 14 second sentra wasnt too bad. Then I started hanging out with some of you guys and now I realize that a true sports car is fairly easy to get. So I guess I have finally learned my lesson and its time to fix it. Dont get me wrong though, I still love my car to death and regardless of what you guys say, it is a fun little car to drive. Im just ready to be a grown up now. lol

Something is not right here. My car got 26-28mpg mixed city/highway with a turbo...

Well Im sure your car was tuned wasnt it? SO your fuel mixture was probably right where it needed to be. My car runs pig rich and I drive the shit out of it, well not too hard anymore.

be patient, you're only 22. you'll have plenty of time for fast cars. and you will not likely get that good of gas mileage in the goat, unless you're going mostly highway.

i see 19.3mpg, with mixed city/highway, and i drive the car more responsibly than your typically 22 year old would.

either way, good luck, and be patient.

RWD, IRS, 2 doors, manual (assuming), decent power...yeah I'd say it fits the general bill...on paper anyway lol.

Well I wasnt trying to imply that its a super car by any means but, the description above ^ pretty much explains what I mean. And yeah, Ive finally accepted the whole waiting thing. My only real goal was trying to get it before summer so that I could have a little more fun when we go out on cruises and track days but, I guess its not that big of a deal. I dunno, Im a little drunk and bummed out anyways so whatever. And I appreciate the feedback that you all have given, its actually made the situation a little better. Im guessing Im gonna have to do some hardcore weight reduction with a sawzall so I can keep up with all you fuckers! Summer 09', its already been broughten! J/K

sentra would be the perfect daily driver if you had another fun car, I vote just take your time and pay off the car and keep it. I bet if you ended up buying the GTO your going wish you did not have to drive it out in shitty salty weather, would be perfect to have the sentra as your daily, just an idea.