WTB: M1 Carbine

HAOLE

Here is a listing on ohiogamefishing.com from a guy in west liberty:

I am selling a very nice USGI M1 carbine to finance a 1911 purchase. Carbine is in very good condition with alittle wear to the parkerizing on the end of the barrel and slightly to the ears of the sight otherwise there is no rust and in very good condition. The stock is USGI Walnut witha light but able to see correct Inland cartouche. It has no cracks just a few small dents etc what to be expected for a original been there done thet stock. Reciever dates from 1944 and has a correct dated Inland 6- 1944 barrel. Bore condition is clean no rust or pitting with only a muzzle wear of 1 . This is not a worn out surplus rifle . It fuctions perfectly and is a very good accurate shooter. I have completly stripped, cleaned and regreased this carbine. Comes with original USGI Sling and oiler . 2 Inland 15rd mags in excellent condition and a Original Boyt 1943 magazine pouch in very good condition.I will throw in a commercial 30 rd mag but cant vouche for its function as I have never tried it. Just found it in the bottom of a box. This is a real nice carbine with some nice assescories. I prefer FTF in Ohio ( 43357 ) but will ship to FFL. Please payment in cash or Postal Money Order. $775.00 REDUCED $750.00 plus shipping. If you have any questions or need more pics just let me know.

I hate to give her up but I have to fund a Pistol purchase and I still have a few other carbines and Garands to play with

I can hook you up with him if you are interested, just let me know.

Try the CMP, they had some sweet shooters last time I went up there. http://www.odcmp.com

Rack grades were $575, service were 675, and they were out of correct grade. They were out of mags though.

Sweet!!!!!

Thank you!!!!

They dont have carbines but the Garand will be fine.

Make sure you read up on Garands and what to look for. Plus, be careful of using commercial ammo in a Garand, you can mangle the op-rod badly with the hotter loads in commercial ammo. You can add a Schuster adjustable gas plug (runs about $35 from Midway, take three minutes to install) and use commercial, but a stock plug restricts you to surplus M2 ball only. That's not a real problem, surplus is still pretty cheap.

CMP is the way to go, just make sure you read and understand their purchase requirements. It isn't like a gun shop, just filling out a 4473 isn't enough.

Their rack and service grades are all shooters for sure, but you'll want at least a muzzle gauge to check muzzle wear. They have them to loan up at the North store, but you might as well buy one. Garands are addictive, you'll be using it again soon enough.

there was one up in fredricktown new yrs eve at the auction... guess it went pretty cheap.... along with 50+ other guns....

How did I miss that???

Was it at a private residence ?

nope at gilmores......

i noticed it in the shoppers mart thing while browing for guns lol.... it said 50 + guns so after hr searching net for a website for them i came accross a site that had their listings.... it had roughly 50 guns on it and said there were plenty more not listed that hadnt made it to auction house..... i skimmed it and seen the m1 and few others crossed checked with gunbroker to get idea for some pricing then wednesday morning i sleep in and totaly forgot bout it.....

at my count of the 50 listed there should have been $30k + worth of guns there, my dad talked to a guy other day said he went up and they seemed to go cheap to him, he said if he had some money with him he prob would have picked up 5 or so guns... sucks cause i think they only do cash.....