I'm a COMPLETE NOOB. Point me in a good direction.

Radio Flyer1647545514

Guest fist302

I was in the same position as you at 19. I ended up getting a Ninja 250. It was a fun bike, i rode the hell out of it that year. Only problem was no power whatsoever, im talking like 8k rpm at highway speeds. I would say the ninja 500 would be perfect, plenty fast for a starter but still forgiving.

All i can say is be careful, people really dont see you and its up to you to save your own ass and ride safe. I had my share of close calls that year.

Im thinking about getting back into it this year and getting a 600.

Good luck!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my insurance rates. Surprised the shit out my agent with the rates too.

1k for full coverage.

300 for liability

400 for Comprehensive (Fire Theft, and Basic Liability)

Thats on an 03 sv650s. Before he ran the rates he was thinking 2-4k for full coverage.

I hate shopping there because they never have anything I need in stock. I tried to buy plugs there to be told they only had three in stock. Three. I went to NAPA and got them that day, for less money.

Their most famous line: "we'll have it Tuesday".

Ended up liking the Bell Star. One was priced at 350 but it was to big. I need a Small in a Bell and the dude would not match the price. Only difference was the color. Silver vs Black. Could not believe that was a huge deal for them.

EDIT* Grabbed it for 300 online w/ a design. You would think the helmets with designs would cost more.

Edited by Radio Flyer

Thanks. I will definitely post pics. It's a bit more than what I wanted to spend but with my tax return and the cash that I saved up already I'm not really worried about it.

Got another job to get this thing payed off much faster too so... I'm hoping it's mine, and I can get in on some cruises come spring time!