Slide Refinishing

1fast5gp

I am looking to get my slide refinished on my USP 40. The metal is showing a little bit from holster wear. I have a few options and was wondering if anyone has experience with any of them.

There is a shop on Sigforums call CCR refinishing. They can do their CERA-PLATE for the slide for 59 dollars + shipping. I see pictures of it and it looks pretty good.

Cinergi Refered me to a shop in Heath that can touch up the slide

Also i seen people DYI with molly resin. Anyone have used it before and how did it turn out?

I'm familiar with the Heath folks so put another "+" vote for them as an option.

I've got two projects slated for a DIY DuraCoat treatment. Not done yet but my Brother-In-Law has done several projects with the product with very good results. Pretty straight forward process if you're the type that tinkers with shit.

I've also got a 1911 that I did a semi-melt job on that currently has a rattle can finish to help decide the final colors I want to go with. I'm real close to just leaving it that way as it's holding up well. Not to mention it's cheap and easy to touch up if needed.

NP3 is one of my favorite finishes along with Tripp hard chrome--or the right piece of course... However many will find it's not quite "economical" for their budgets.

I am sorry to say that HK's "Hostile Environment" finish doesn't hold up to every day usage the way it should.

The teacher that did my CCW class had the slide on his Glock refinished. I cant remembet the name of the company who did it but he had a similar problem. there was alot of holster-wear so he sent it to this company who garanteed the finish for life. It almost a stainless steal finish, at least the color was. I'll try and find out what company it was.