CR Road Racing Day?

MrMeanGreen

Civics are pleanty capable. NASA runs an entire series (Honda Challenge) of Front Drive Honda's that are pretty quick. There was a local Honda Challenge car at one of my track days last year that was stupid quick.

Yes sir, they are no slouch. The Pakistan Express Civic that runs in NASA PTE will lap Mid Ohio's pro course in just over 1:40 with only 125hp. We have seen spikes of 1.7Gs entering thunder valley.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Civics are pleanty capable. NASA runs an entire series (Honda Challenge) of Front Drive Honda's that are pretty quick. There was a local Honda Challenge car at one of my track days last year that was stupid quick.

I am still tossing around running my EM1 or my 1G.

in +2

However, it would be cool to see two 1Gs out there.

I will be behind drifting as much as possible and waiving out my window, U will need to let me pass then ride my ass while im burning tire in front of you:p

Cars=to much funs

That's what I'm talking about.

thats going to make an awesome video of the vette blowing by you.:p

:p

Ok this sounds cool and all, But the cruise around 270 was kinda hairy at times. What is it going to be like on a track? I mean I don't think of my car as a Ferrari or something, but it is my DD. SO what are the chances that some asshat on here with a civic or something they don't really care about does something stupid and takes me out with them? Again my car is a DD and not cheap to fix I might add. Spending a couple hundred on entry then have to spend thousnads to fix said car does not sound like fun. The 1320 is relatively safe, as you never cross the line unless something goes wrong. A road track is a whole other ball of wax, I've had track time once at road America, and I went through about 60% of my pads and rotor, But to be fair that track is 4.4 miles and slowing from 120+ to 40 or even 25 is not a rare occurrence on that track.

The stuff Andy has posted about in the past seems fine. I have no problem going to an event with trained people, but to unleash CR on a road course when 90% I would say have had NO instruction. Is a disaster waiting to happen IMO.

Ok this sounds cool and all, But the cruise around 270 was kinda hairy at times. What is it going to be like on a track? I mean I don't think of my car as a Ferrari or something, but it is my DD. SO what are the chances that some asshat on here with a civic or something they don't really care about does something stupid and takes me out with them? Again my car is a DD and not cheap to fix I might add. Spending a couple hundred on entry then have to spend thousnads to fix said car does not sound like fun.

The stuff Andy has posted about in the past seems fine. I have no problem going to an event with trained people, but to unleash CR on a road course when 90% I would say have had NO instruction. Is a disaster waiting to happen IMO.

I understand the concern...BUT with a few simple rules in place most of those risks are minimized to the point where you should fear more running out of talent on your own than having anyone ever contact you.

Even on open lapping days there are still generally 3 run groups to divide up the Talent / Speed.

Beyond that passing should still only be allowed on the straights and even then not without a point. This way when you're on the brakes everyone should be in the same place on the track and not trying to divebomb for a pass. Usually passing is only done on one side which also cuts down on confusion.

Generally there's also rules about offs to single out people that may be over their heads. First time you put 4 wheels off or spin you get a lecture...second time in a single day event you usually go home.

It's suprisingly effective at keeping people under control.

In!! I will help in setting this up in any way I can.

Nelson Ledges would be the cheapest bet, not the greatest but would be fun none-the-less. Putnam is a beautiful track from what I've seen and would be the best choice imo as it's about the same distance as Nelson.

Safety usually isn't much of an issue, if shit starts happening the track officials will put an end to it, the corner workers are good at what they do.

In!! I will help in setting this up in any way I can.

Nelson Ledges would be the cheapest bet, not the greatest but would be fun none-the-less. Putnam is a beautiful track from what I've seen and would be the best choice imo as it's about the same distance as Nelson.

Safety usually isn't much of an issue, if shit starts happening the track officials will put an end to it, the corner workers are good at what they do.

I 2nd that... let me know if there is anything i can help with. I want to see CR do a road course this year, and get some track time other than just going straight. :D

Track days, when run properly, are safe and an absolute blast. I appreciate the concern about an on/off-track incident but controls are put in place to monitor drivers and we have thrown "ass hats" our of events and including them on our black list. We in turn share this black list with several other regional groups.

You'll find our (www.MVPTrackTime.com) events are well run, safe and offer a good amount of track time. I hope you guys join us at Putnam Park (April '09), Mid Ohio (October '09), etc. Happy Motoring!

Feff

Ok this sounds cool and all, But the cruise around 270 was kinda hairy at times. What is it going to be like on a track? I mean I don't think of my car as a Ferrari or something, but it is my DD. SO what are the chances that some asshat on here with a civic or something they don't really care about does something stupid and takes me out with them? Again my car is a DD and not cheap to fix I might add. Spending a couple hundred on entry then have to spend thousnads to fix said car does not sound like fun. The 1320 is relatively safe, as you never cross the line unless something goes wrong. A road track is a whole other ball of wax, I've had track time once at road America, and I went through about 60% of my pads and rotor, But to be fair that track is 4.4 miles and slowing from 120+ to 40 or even 25 is not a rare occurrence on that track.

This is how most "offs" go:

Nuthin but grass.

Passing rules keep keep the cars apart.

With the way rentals go every year I wouldnt trust enough people to show up. We post threads like this and 500 people say they would love to do it. Then when we rent the place the thread turns from 500 yes's to 497 excuses...

with you being one of the 497 so :gtfo:....

anyway you can always count on me ide be in for a reasonable price

I'm stepping up my budget to include more track days this year, so I'm in. I don't care if I have to drive to Indy or Michigan, the chance to drive on a track is worth the trip.

As for safety, what these guys are saying is pretty accurate. If we use simple rules for passing and offs, split into different groups based on experience, plus some good corner workers, it shouldn't be a problem.

with you being one of the 497 so :gtfo:....

anyway you can always count on me ide be in for a reasonable price

Count on you... how many times did you ask for a refund for 42, not to mention the countless "my car is broke I cant make it.. Oh I might bring the bike, oh I cant bring the bike, Maybe I'll get the car fixed....." :gtfo:

Count on you... how many times did you ask for a refund for 42, not to mention the countless "my car is broke I cant make it.. Oh I might bring the bike, oh I cant bring the bike, Maybe I'll get the car fixed....." :gtfo:

did i or did i not go to every track event this year...? :asshole:

I think there are enough people that will be genuinely interested in doing this, I know of more than a few people on here have already done an event like this and cost wise it won't be anymore than what you normally pay for a NASA or SCCA event and likely cheaper.

Why nevermind Sean? You know you want to do it in the 35th.

I'll bring my SC if you bring yours :D

Shane

Glynn Motorsports

You don't want me to bring the 35th and embarass you with the V6!

On a side note, ya'll can count me in either in the SVT or the SC.

Sean