Anyone Play Ice Hockey?

Radio Flyer1647545514

I play Ice Hockey in a rec league and last time I checked my team needed a few more people.

It's C league, and I'm the only "Kid" on the team. We play on Tuesday nights at the Chiller rinks, so if anyone is interested I'll get the info from the guy that runs my team.

It would not matter what level you are at. If you can skate backwards at all, and skate without falling each for each step you should be fine. Our first game is Tuesday. We have a guy or two that are in their 60's I would say skating.

Were the worst team in the league I would say, but it's still a fun time. All the other teams have at least 3 or 4 kids that played highschool hockey so... that's why our record is not so great.

Also, what gear do you need? Me and my brother have played for a long long time and I could scrap from his bag depending on what you need.

Everything. I haven't played since I was 12-13, I was pretty decent my parents just couldn't afford it and I wasn't huge into it. I was going to start looking this weekend and go to a free skate Sunday to make sure I can still skate halfway decent.

How long are the seasons and the cost?

To tall for most of our gear. Best I could do is let you use my pants because I like some of my gear to big, but I sort of need those because I don't like the feel of his.

If you are interested though just let me know. I know getting gear is EXPENSIVE, especially when you have to get it all at once.

I think we have 4 seasons a year if you don't make this one or don't feel comfortable skating. If you go to a drop in let me know and I'll try to make it out, I don't do free skates though.

We play 10 games? It's 250, and IF we make it to the playoffs that is another few games.

How tall are you?

Your teams roster must be pretty short. I think I payed 150-170ish for this session. I play in a D league, I think its D north or D south I cant remember. This is only my 3rd straight session of Ice though, prior to last summer Ive never even skated on ice but I did play inline for years and finally had to make the jump b/c my work schedule changed. I'd love to make the jump to a C team but I work 2nd shift mon-fri so I wouldnt be able to make any games.

Everything. I haven't played since I was 12-13, I was pretty decent my parents just couldn't afford it and I wasn't huge into it. I was going to start looking this weekend and go to a free skate Sunday to make sure I can still skate halfway decent.

How long are the seasons and the cost?

Your best bet is Play It Again. It sucks because you really have to keep an eye out for the good stuff but there's always someone coming in and trading in their brand new hockey gear b/c they couldnt hack it or hated it for some reason. If your really frugal about it just buy one thing at a time. Gloves one week, pants the next month etc... skates of course are going to be the most expensive but I picked up my Nike XXII's for like $180ish at Hockey Stop. These are GREAT skates for beginner's or experienced players. i was afraid of the break in b/c my feet are kinda wide but they are hella comfy now. Hockey Monkey has them onsale for 129$ http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-vapor-xxii-hs-sr1.html

If you ever get skates or want to try a drop in let me know. I usually go to the Dublin 7am one but am pretty flexible to go to other's. Radio which drop in do you usually go to?

Well, I have yet to venture to ICE hockey, because I'm not a real man ;), but I have been playing Roller Hockey for the past few weeks and I must say, I've been having a blast!

Make the jump. I did. Its a bit expensive at first and totally different style of skating but its a blast and SO much faster than roller. But i do miss roller.

Btw I was at dublin drop in this morning, got there a bit late... walked into the women's dressing room on accident. yeah... that was ackward.