door sag

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

my gf has a 1994 cougar and when you open the door it drop downs like an inch or two... shutting it caused the door latch to break so the door wouldnt shut at all...well we fixed the latch assembly and got the door closed, but i have no idea how to fix the hinges... someone enlighten me? is it pretty universal? i found a writeup on replacing the bushings for a new body cougar...if so, would it work the same for my stang? mine sags a bit too, and ide rather do it now before i need to do the latch

also, will just putting bushings in the door fix it? or would i need to get new pins?

I had a problem with the door on my Grand Prix. It was the kit was pretty easy; the problem came when making sure the door was aligned right. It took me a few tries to where it wasn't scraping or taping the door before it finally worked.

Guest 614Streets
I always use a big floor jack with a 2x6 board on it to "wheel" the door around and perform the job. 2 people makes it an easier job but the floor jack and 2x6 method supporting the middle area of the door with the 2x6 running parallel to the bottom door edge works really well by yourself. :)