Opinions: Glock 33 .357 VS Glock 27 .40?

GSXRAntwon

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If one accidentally hits the trigger,while gun is in hand, that is an accidental discharge. I don't like not having a manual safety like a 1911.

One never 'accidentally' hits the trigger. If the trigger is pulled, and you didn't intend to, then it's pure and simple negligence.

Follow the 4 simple rules of firearms handling and that shit will NEVER happen.

Glocks don't 'go off' by themselves.

One never 'accidentally' hits the trigger. If the trigger is pulled, and you didn't intend to, then it's pure and simple negligence.

Follow the 4 simple rules of firearms handling and that shit will NEVER happen.

Glocks don't 'go off' by themselves.

IIRC there have been several instances of glocks being dropped and discharging, and many instances discharge upon holstering and draw.

My friend retired from Smith & Wesson about ten years ago. According to him when Glock came on the scene many departments began switching to Glock because Glock nearly gave away the guns to the departments. When that happened, the rates of accidental discharge began to rise. Glocks are not all they a billed out to be. I personally, don't like the design. Rappers and Hollywood are the real credit to the Glocks popularity.

You can call an accidental discharge anything you want. Rules of gun safety always apply, but not every time do things go as planed, humans make mistakes. Not every time a gun is pulled does the round need to be fired, if the round exits the chamber when it did not need to then harm may be done. Glock has been sued many times about this design.

Generally I see people who love Glocks or the hate them. I am in the hate group. I never liked them from the first one I held. Many better designs are out there. I happen to be a 1911 fan.

John Browning designed a better gun nearly 100 years before.;) Sorry if I offended the god of Glock.:D

IIRC there have been several instances of glocks being dropped and discharging, and many instances discharge upon holstering and draw.

My friend retired from Smith & Wesson about ten years ago. According to him when Glock came on the scene many departments began switching to Glock because Glock nearly gave away the guns to the departments. When that happened, the rates of accidental discharge began to rise. Glocks are not all they a billed out to be. I personally, don't like the design. Rappers and Hollywood are the real credit to the Glocks popularity.

A.You really should read up on the Glock design. A Glock WILL NOT go off unless one of two things happens:

1. The trigger is pulled, whether you did it on purpose or not.

2. Something breaks internally. This is HIGHLY unlikely.

I'll bet $100 that I can cock my G23 and throw that son of a bitch (unloaded, of course) as far as I possibly can, and I'll guarantee it's still cocked when I go to pick it up. Guarantee.

B. If the gun fires while holstering, you've pulled the trigger. Plain and simple. If you somehow (though I'm not sure how you'd screw this up) manage to get the holster to pull the trigger, then you really should invest in a quality holster.

C. Cops are some of the dumbest motherfuckers to ever get behind the trigger of a gun. It is my opinion that most should stick to flashlights and batons until they can prove beyond a doubt that they know what it is that they're doing.

D. Glocks are popular because of Rappers and Hollywood? :lol: No. Glocks are popular because they work. Rappers and Hollywood also swing from the nuts of the Desert Eagle, but I wouldn't consider that a great gun by any stretch.

E. If you don't like the design, it's because you don't know how it works. The main reason most folks don't like a Glock is because they don't like the grip angle. Not because they feel they need a safety to cover their negligent ass.

You can call an accidental discharge anything you want. Rules of gun safety always apply, but not every time do things go as planed, humans make mistakes. Not every time a gun is pulled does the round need to be fired, if the round exits the chamber when it did not need to then harm may be done. Glock has been sued many times about this design.

No, I can call a negligent discharge what it is; negligence.

Glock may have been sued, but it's been because of the dumbass holding the gun. Again, the gun won't fire unless you tell it to.

Generally I see people who love Glocks or the hate them. I am in the hate group. I never liked them from the first one I held. Many better designs are out there. I happen to be a 1911 fan.

Again, most people who hate them, hate on them because of the grip angle, or they prefer the xD or M&P.

John Browning designed a better gun nearly 100 years before.;) Sorry if I offended the god of Glock.:D

That's purely opinion. Better how? Granted, I love me some 1911s, but if you want to start comparing reliability of a Glock vs. a 1911, Glock will tear your ass up every single time. Accuracy? Yea, I'll give the win to the 1911.

Basically what it comes down to is, if you have to rely on an external safety to cover your ass, you probably shouldn't pick up another firearm until you've got The 4 Rules drilled into your head. They're there for a reason.

• Confused 1

I will back this up. They don't fire. I didn't believe what I read about them when I was young and dumb so I took one up into a cell phone tower, loaded it and threw it. Gravity prevailed and the Glock smashed into the ground.... the front sight broke, but the Glock never fired. It was one of the first 100 Glocks in the US. I never was a Glock fan and about every single one I've owned has had a belt sander taken to it, because I like you favor the 1911. I grew up shooting the 1911 and pointed it a lot more naturally than the Glock, so I modify them.

BTW: You can install a trigger safety in a Glock or a slide/frame safety if you want more safey than what it really offers. Glock was designed for the Austrian Army to be drawn from the holster fired until empty and then reloaded. It was not designed with safety levers for a reason.

C. Cops are some of the dumbest motherfuckers to ever get behind the trigger of a gun. It is my opinion that most should stick to flashlights and batons until they can prove beyond a doubt that they know what it is that they're doing.

We agree on that point!

That's purely opinion. Better how? Granted, I love me some 1911s, but if you want to start comparing reliability of a Glock vs. a 1911, Glock will tear your ass up every single time. Accuracy? Yea, I'll give the win to the 1911.

To me it is a better design due to ergonomics, and the natural abitly of the gun to be an extension of your arm. The balance of the 1911 is far superior to any Glock. The service life of the 1911 has been proven in two world wars korea, Vietnam. If we were not push overs for NATO we would still be using it.

On top of that the 1911 does not use a striker fire system. The 1911 is very easy to decock. Glocks go boom upon decock.

Edited by HAOLE

A.You really should read up on the Glock design. A Glock WILL NOT go off unless one of two things happens:

1. The trigger is pulled, whether you did it on purpose or not.

2. Something breaks internally. This is HIGHLY unlikely.

I'll bet $100 that I can cock my G23 and throw that son of a bitch (unloaded, of course) as far as I possibly can, and I'll guarantee it's still cocked when I go to pick it up. Guarantee.

B. If the gun fires while holstering, you've pulled the trigger. Plain and simple. If you somehow (though I'm not sure how you'd screw this up) manage to get the holster to pull the trigger, then you really should invest in a quality holster.

D. Glocks are popular because of Rappers and Hollywood? :lol: No. Glocks are popular because they work. Rappers and Hollywood also swing from the nuts of the Desert Eagle, but I wouldn't consider that a great gun by any stretch.

E. If you don't like the design, it's because you don't know how it works. The main reason most folks don't like a Glock is because they don't like the grip angle. Not because they feel they need a safety to cover their negligent ass.

No, I can call a negligent discharge what it is; negligence.

Glock may have been sued, but it's been because of the dumbass holding the gun. Again, the gun won't fire unless you tell it to.

Again, most people who hate them, hate on them because of the grip angle, or they prefer the xD or M&P.

Basically what it comes down to is, if you have to rely on an external safety to cover your ass, you probably shouldn't pick up another firearm until you've got The 4 Rules drilled into your head. They're there for a reason.

Your my new best friend. Want to date my sister?

Another anti glock person here. I showed Greg over the weekend how I naturally point when holding a gun, and with a glock in hand it was far from straight out. That, and they are retardedly overhyped considering how many of them have exploded.

To the threadstarter - if you don't plan on carrying it, get a fullsize. MUCH easier to shoot, be comfortable with, and maintain better accuracy for it. Get whatever caliber you are comfortable with. I've not shot .357 SIG so I can't comment on it.

all i hear is speculation, no facts or percentages of glocks being bad.

my glock works for me, if you dont like it get a different handgun, ill stick to my glock and not worry about disengaging the safety on a split seconds notice when my life depends on it.

anyways if you were to consider a glock, i would get the .40, then you have the choice of putting a .357 barrel or even a 9mm conversion barrel to switch out calibers.

Good choice, you will love the 357sig. Another good point, because of the bottle neck design feeding malfunctions are very rare.

One other thing is the ammo is a bit more expensive and a little harder to find sometimes.

I was spending so much on ammo I decided to start reloading, here are about 450 I loaded this past weekend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/HOSTIL1/Guns/P1000792.jpg

The ONLY thing I do not like about the 1911 is the Cocked and Locked Carry :(

KillJoy

WTF are you talking about? What's the problem with having a loaded chamber with a manual safety engaged versus having a glock with no manual safety, so if you snag the trigger on something its gonna go bang?

BTW I carry an XD with no manual safety, I'm just trying to figure out where you are going with this.

WTF are you talking about? What's the problem with having a loaded chamber with a manual safety engaged versus having a glock with no manual safety, so if you snag the trigger on something its gonna go bang?

BTW I carry an XD with no manual safety, I'm just trying to figure out where you are going with this.

XD's have safety's

Trigger Safety - similar to those seen on Glocks, and requires that the trigger be pulled from the center in order to fire. Springfield refers to this as the Ultra Safety Assurance’ (USA) system.

Firing Pin Block - Also called a “drop safety”, this is an internal system that prevents the striker’s firing pin from moving forward and firing the gun until the trigger is pulled. This prevents the gun from going off even when dropped with the striker cocked and a round in the chamber.

Grip Safety - Similar to that on the Springfield 1911, the XD has a grip safety which must be depressed in order for the gun to fire. When holding the gun in a normal fashion the grip safety is automatically disengaged.

Out of Battery Safety - The XD won’t fire if it is out of battery, which refers to when the slide is partially retracted. Pistols can be pushed out of battery if the muzzle of the gun is pressed against the target. This feature is important since a gun that is out of battery can explode or otherwise fail, causing injury to the shooter and those around.

:rolleyes:

I just do not like the fact that a 1911 w/ a weak mainspring can easily have the safety knocked off and go bang. One of mine did this.

:(

KillJoy

Another anti glock person here. I showed Greg over the weekend how I naturally point when holding a gun, and with a glock in hand it was far from straight out. That, and they are retardedly overhyped considering how many of them have exploded.

Praise the Lord someone that is rational about the over hyped Glocks. I forgot about the exploding Glocks. They will go bang in more than one way.

If one accidentally hits the trigger,while gun is in hand, that is an accidental discharge. I don't like not having a manual safety like a 1911.

Again, that's not an accidental discharge. You put your finger there, and depressed the trigger. There was no such thing as an "accidental" discharge, it was a neglegent discharge when I was overseas. They'd article 15 your ass for stupidity like that.

-Keep finger off trigger area

-Drop mag before un-chambering a round

-Open feed tray cover and remove belt before unloading

-If there WAS a round in the chamber before you went out, and it didn't come out, stick your finger in there.

I don't believe in an accidental discharge, I know when I'm bout to pop my load off and the same goes for any of my firearms. It's intentional no matter how you look at it.