Sport Compact Car magazine takes a dump

Smokey

The news on this has been floating aroudn for a while, but a couple of weeks ago I got an offical notice from them that the March issue would be the last produced and my subscription would be instead filled by Modified (read: crap) magazine. :mad:

I still have Grassroots Motorsports which is going strong and honestly one of the best out there, but I will really miss SCC. I always thought they had great writing and covered stories and editorials that I wanted to read and they were done the way I would have wanted them to be. They were also one of the first to routinely use a dyno to test products and cars, and they had THE BEST shootout test each year with their Ultimate Street Car Challenge. I had been a reader for about 8 years and subscriber for almost 4.

SO, what other mags are out there that are worthy of replacing my subscription to SCC? I'm obviously going to tell Primedia to sit on it with the Modified subscription.

I'm sure I'll get stuffed with at least 1 Modified before I can cancel it, but I remember buying one in the past because of an FD that was in it. I remember beautiful full page pictures with some of the most horrid articles ever written. I guess it could be a good quick flip thru but that's about it.

I've always enjoyed Car and Driver, although its pretty different from SCC. another one I've found is Project Car Magazine. I RARELY see it and i think they only have issues every couple months or so, but its got some neat stuff.

Thanks for the recommendations Draco and Max.

I've considered Car and Driver, or Road and Track and while they are written well and usually have some stories I like, there are also parts of the mag that I feel just don't appeal to me at all. That was one of the things I loved about SCC the most is that I usually would read every damn page of the thing.

Should it be shocking only drift fags care about this?

That magazine sucked ass.

<------This guy, not surprised by this.

Thanks for the link Carl. I'll have to try to take some more time to play around with it later, but when I tried to go to the index and choose a story I got into a scrolling frenzy with the page and it won.