The overrated list of 2008

Putty

I disagree on Chip Foose, Lexus IS-F, and MPG.

I like Chip's designs. So he likes two-tones and billet rims. It's a style.

The IS-F will have a stiff suspension since it's not a luxo-barge, it's the first legitimate stab at the M3 from a non-european company. That's huge.

MPG is still important regardless of gas prices. They won't stay this low forever. It's too bad the Tesla is such a joke. It really could have sparked more interest in electric cars as a performance alternative. But instead it's an over-priced phantom that can be cited as a reason NOT to develop electric cars.

I disagree on Chip Foose, Lexus IS-F, and MPG.

I like Chip's designs. So he likes two-tones and billet rims. It's a style.

The IS-F will have a stiff suspension since it's not a luxo-barge, it's the first legitimate stab at the M3 from a non-european company. That's huge.

MPG is still important regardless of gas prices. They won't stay this low forever. It's too bad the Tesla is such a joke. It really could have sparked more interest in electric cars as a performance alternative. But instead it's an over-priced phantom that can be cited as a reason NOT to develop electric cars.

Guy I know actually has an IS-F. I was very confused about the exhaust pipes myself. It also looked like a very large car. No ride yet tho.

Stock pic bc I had never heard of them before I ran into him: http://www.desktopcar.net/wallpaper/29357-2/Lexus_IS-F_2007_03.jpg

Small SUVs

Acura RDX, Infiniti EX35, VW Tiguan, etc. Who the hell buys a Sport Utility with absolutely no utility? There's more room in my sinus cavity than the new crop of cute utes.- Yup gay

2010 Ford Mustang

Second verse same as the first. Suddenly it's 2005. Drag pack please?

2009 Nissan GT-R

Too noisy. Too rough. Too fragile. Better not use the launch control.Mad tyte 350Z for too much $$$.

The Toyota Prius

If any conventional car was that ugly, that uncomfortable and that rotten to drive it would have been a laughing stock.Kill it with fire!

Horsecock = FO SHO!

Maybe I tune in at the wrong times, but I'd love to see some rally events or F1 on speed....

No rally, but they do air the F1 season Live. Last year they did Friday practice, Saturday Qualifying, and then the race sunday, with a re-air of the race later in the week.

Practice is kinda Meh... Good for hearing about any drama from the previous event, and seeing any new developments..

Qualifying is great. Lots of strategy and it's just cool shouting "PUSH! PUSH!" at your favorite driver. ;)

The race is good too. Though I hear last season was a but iof an abberation with everything that went on. BUt it was a great season. This upcoming season sees a LOT of changes to the cars, so it'll be interesting to watch and see how the teams will react.

Practice is kinda Meh... Good for hearing about any drama from the previous event, and seeing any new developments..

Qualifying is great. Lots of strategy and it's just cool shouting "PUSH! PUSH!" at your favorite driver. ;)

+1 I think the F1 coverage is great. David Hobbs holds nothing back and tells it like it is and is hilarious to listen to at times.

Guy I know actually has an IS-F. I was very confused about the exhaust pipes myself. It also looked like a very large car. No ride yet tho.

Stock pic bc I had never heard of them before I ran into him: http://www.desktopcar.net/wallpaper/29357-2/Lexus_IS-F_2007_03.jpg

I've seen the IS-F tested against it's BMW equivalent on some smaller, tighter tracks and it generally comes in right on the beemers ass. On a larger, faster track, Im betting tie or IS-F. So, if can do that comfortably; bonus. The fake exhuast really doesn't bother me after some thought. If it had a fake hood scoop, that would bother me. I have my reasons. :D

lame list. well, except for the GT-R. except for a few others, thats a terrible list though.

and anyone that is still arguing that speed only shows nascar doesn't actually watch speed. if they did, they would notice all the bike races(supercross, endurocross, supermoto, enduro, etc.), F1, the touring car races(SCCA, grand-am), boat drag racing(unfortunatly no more off-shore though), short course off-road racing, desert/endurance off-road racing, late models/outlaws, snowmobile racing(good stuff!), not to mention road rallies(targa new foundland and the like), etc.

it just so happens that most of these forms of racing dont have 12 month seasons, but actually have an off season. gotta fill there spots with something, might as well make it a succesful show like pinks. dont forget that many of these are live to(like F1), so it may be on at 4AM. and if it weren't shown live, then people would bitch. they cant win either way.

lame list. well, except for the GT-R. except for a few others, thats a terrible list though.

and anyone that is still arguing that speed only shows nascar doesn't actually watch speed. if they did, they would notice all the bike races(supercross, endurocross, supermoto, enduro, etc.), F1, the touring car races(SCCA, grand-am), boat drag racing(unfortunatly no more off-shore though), short course off-road racing, desert/endurance off-road racing, late models/outlaws, snowmobile racing(good stuff!), not to mention road rallies(targa new foundland and the like), etc.

it just so happens that most of these forms of racing dont have 12 month seasons, but actually have an off season. gotta fill there spots with something, might as well make it a succesful show like pinks. dont forget that many of these are live to(like F1), so it may be on at 4AM. and if it weren't shown live, then people would bitch. they cant win either way.

Funny you should mention that. I was going to bring something to that affect up, (in another thread), that I hoped everyone's been watching the SCCA runoffs on Speed. We can help keep Nascar away by watching something that's not Nascar. lol Besides, if you have Time Warner, you have Speed in HD, now.

Funny you should mention that. I was going to bring something to that affect up, (in another thread), that I hoped everyone's been watching the SCCA runoffs on Speed. We can help keep Nascar away by watching something that's not Nascar. lol Besides, if you have Time Warner, you have Speed in HD, now.

if we got WRC and off shore boat racing back, i dont think i could be any happier! oh, wait, and european truck racing too!!!