Anyone catch the Bluejackets game tonight?

SpaceGhost

Man, a friend and I scored some sweet free tickets, section 120 F(6th row from glass) seat 9. Right behind the fuckin' goal. They lost on a bullshit call to NJ, they had a replay of the puck and it never crossed the goal. It happened right in front of us. Total bullshit, they come back after the replay and "the call stands". That's what they lost on. They played a really sloppy game lots of missed passes.

This was my first Bluejackets game and it was pretty cool except for the 3.50 skyline cheese conies. But We were sitting in $75 seats for free so I can't really complain. Oh and one of the refs fell while skating down the boards and I guess he dislocated his shoulder. Hockey is 10 times better to watch in person than on TV.

Why is it so fun to heckle the goalie of the opposing team? LOL we sat there just screaming "WeeeeeeeeeeKes!" The Jackets goal happened right in front of us in the second period, man I know he had to hear everyone after he got scored on. :) During the commercials he would turn around and face us and it looked like he was gonna puke.

So I guess I have no choice but to become a fan, a really cool experience.

The puck did cross the line, that wasn't the issue. The issue was that the whole goal came unaffixed from the ice just as the puck was crossing. When they sent the call to Toronto in the War Room, they said the call is left up to the ref. It WAS an awful call, in my opinion. If it was indeed a good call, then it's a terrible rule and the Jackets have gotten numerous goals called back because of it.

Welcome to the Jackets Fan Club, though you may be better suited for Detroit. :D

I'm a season ticket holder, sit 206 and we could see from there that the puck never went across and the net was knocked off before it could of even went across. Also, NJ's PP goal was bogus do to the fact that the linesman tripped the NJ player and Derek Dorsett both. GOD!!! The officiating this year has been horrible. Either they call everything in the book, call nothing at all, and then blow review calls as possible.

Yeah there were not many penalties called at all tonight, the first period had none.

I have a Question, Some of the players have an "A" on their left side on their chest. Some don't, what is the "A"?

Alternate captain. Rick Nash has the big old "C" on his.

Looks like the ones that were there say no goal, but the ones that saw it at home, can say for sure, that puck did go across the goal line and hit the back of the net. The above goal camera is a great tool and in the replays you could see for sure it went across the line. The goal came into question due to the net coming up just as it crossed the line.

When are the jackets going to have a questioned goal go in there favor? Every goal that has been questioned this year, it has went against the Jackets. It was a bad call. Jacket's seemed to have played a good game until after that 2nd goal. Jacket's were really trying to play a clean game and even Boll passed on a couple fights.

I was in section 116 last night. It was an awesome game, but I really thought that was a horrible call. The war room doesn't like Columbus much. If they are going to call that a goal, then we need 1 point back from that OT loss to Dallas where they said Malholtra "kicked" the puck in. BS

After that goal I started a "Let's get new refs" chant that my section started to pick up on.

Hockey is 10 times better to watch in person than on TV.

It's alot of fun at the games, but I watch every game regardless. Plus the rest of the year they won't blackout the Jackets b/c the Cavs play so I'm excited. I've went to the last 3 home games.