Uncle Punk's new bike guessing game

Uncle Punk

Everyone is telling me the carbon fiber wheels are giving it the feel of transitional control but I only have the '16 SXR to compare it too. I added a lot of extras to the '16 that surely add up to some weight plus there is a factory difference of 35lbs, there has to be at least a 50lb difference between the two bikes and possibly more. Another factor into the handling differences is the new bike is on sticky sport bike tires when I ran sport touring tires on the '16 XR. I can't find the correct gear to enter corners either which is messing with my head.

I expected more power but what I really wanted was to allow some form of wheel spin while leaned over without having to turn off the ABS and Traction Control completely so I could feel some drive out of corners. The '16 SXR didn't drive until the bike was upright, I have that drive now along with the power and weight reduction which wasn't really needed. This is more than I bargained for but in a good way maybe. I'm going to have a long transition into understanding this new speed threshold and handling character. I hope when I get it all figured out and comfortable with what it has to offer the thing doesn't end up putting me in jail.

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Uncle Punk said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C74cvGzg_9c/

Not my video obviously but it is my bike in the video. Don't know when the follow-up YouTube video will be put up but I can give this spoiler.

BMW M1000XR weighs 497 pounds with a full tank of gas. 191 horsepower and 84 FT LBS with a BT-Moto flash.

That's some serious cajones for a ride.... 

Hate the damn Duc dry clutches... 

13 hours ago, mello dude said:

Hate the damn Duc dry clutches... 

Couldn't agree more. They sound like the bike is broken from the moment they start up. Mechanical sounding like throwing ball bearings into a transmission. 

2 hours ago, Uncle Punk said:

Couldn't agree more. They sound like the bike is broken from the moment they start up. Mechanical sounding like throwing ball bearings into a transmission. 

That's why they put that window there. They got tired of people bringing them in saying the clutch has blown up. Now the riders can visually inspect the clutch at each stop.

I legit had some HD riders come up to me while fueling at the BP (78/7) asking if something was wrong with my 748. One asked, "How long has your bike been making that noise?!"

"Geez... for about 27,000 miles, I think?! Should I get it looked at?"

They didn't know what to say.