supercharger life

Reed44

how long will a supercharger continue to make boost? how many miles untill they wear out? I want to get a gtp here soon and this is a question I have before I get one.

You won't have any trouble with ur blower gooing out on you while you own the car. If it does those are dirt cheap and they are everywhere.

Ok, sounds good. These cars are so cheap to get right now and I wouldnt mind having one. Just wanted to be able to have fun with it also!

It'll be fine as long as you keep up the maintenance on it. It's not much. Just stupid shit. wires, plugs, etc. Don't mod it :)

Had 140k on a 98 GTP... no boost issues whatsoever. Change the rotten-egg smelling blower lube when it's needed, and no worries.

BTW, I feel it is VERY hard to beat these cars, bang for buck wise. Heated leather, dual climate, CD-changer, HUD, etc, etc, etc plus a very easy (i.e. pulley) mod platform.

I plan on getting rid of my mustang for a gtp then getting rid of my truck for a 99-04 gt or 96-98 cobra or vise versa. when I get one I don't plan to do much besides maybe a pulley swap intake and maybe exhaust. do these cars respond well?

Dont do a pulley swap right off the bat, quite a bit of people fall for the shortcoming and it ends up hurting most than it helps. As far as intakes, save yourself some money and just buy a filter from ebay, autozone, wherever. With only a filter coming right off the throttle body I was able to gain 22 whp. Exhaust sits at already a very decent size so not really a huge need to get a huge exhaust unless for sound.... Although getting a header kit has shown to give some decent gains more than other exhaust upgrades. Once at least intake, header kit installed then think about going to a smaller pulley possibly

sometimes the coupler gears in the nose cones get noisy around 100k you can buy the kit with the new gear for 30 bucks or so on ebay

a 3.25" pulley and colder plugs got me around 260 whp and over 300tq in a 97 riviera with no knock on 94 octane back in the day car had about 120k on it at the time

do these cars respond well?

Don't do an exhaust. Lok on utube all there exhaust sound like raspy ass, if u want powere for track get a cut out.

Put a intake on can make for less then 60 bucks

flash ur pcm from intense zzp wbodystore ect. Usually around 100bucks

An drop a pully size. An it'll be a blastk to drive.

sometimes the coupler gears in the nose cones get noisy around 100k you can buy the kit with the new gear for 30 bucks or so on ebay

Other then that, and possibly changing the shitty smelling fluid, you probably won't have any issues.

Intake (DIY), colder plugs (AL 104's), 3'' downpipe (which also takes care of the factory u-bend) and tuned PCM (DHP or ZZP, or find a local tuner) are all recommended before you drop to a smaller pulley. If you go any lower than a 3.4 you'll need headers to help reduce knock.

And yes, it's ridiculous how cheap you can get these cars for nowadays. They make perfect dailys. Quick, comfortable, decent on gas, etc.

Don't do an exhaust. Lok on utube all there exhaust sound like raspy ass, if u want powere for track get a cut out.

Put a intake on can make for less then 60 bucks

flash ur pcm from intense zzp wbodystore ect. Usually around 100bucks

An drop a pully size. An it'll be a blastk to drive.

Lucky for us, INTENSE is local...right out off of north 33 in dublin. I got mine tuned there...basic tune took like 20 min. Used to take my regal there all the time, had to get a new tranny and steering rack. Unfortunatly their mechanic left them...not sure if they are doing any work like that at this point.

Intake, exhaust, pulley, tune...in that order...thats what i did and its running great at 165k

Sounds like these cars can be a pretty fun dd. I will be in the market here soon. Just need to spend a day with my mustang to get the center consule in and wash it up and then it goes up for sale.

Lucky for us, INTENSE is local...right out off of north 33 in dublin. I got mine tuned there...basic tune took like 20 min. Used to take my regal there all the time, had to get a new tranny and steering rack. Unfortunatly their mechanic left them...not sure if they are doing any work like that at this point.

Intake, exhaust, pulley, tune...in that order...thats what i did and its running great at 165k

ugh. :gtfo:

I just put my Regal back to stock and sold the IC, headers, rockers and pulley setup.

They are great cars! I'm pissed with mine right now, but I'm on a few other GP forums and there aren't many complaints with them. Mine has about 140K miles on the body and it’s still in great shape. A few rattles, but most of the luxury features (heated seats, climate control and HUD) still work fine, Do some little mods, maybe a 3.4 pulley, intake, colder plugs, wires, t-stat and no cat and you'll love the car! That should get you about 260-275 whp. But once you start pushing 300 WHP it's going to get expensive with trans upgrades and unreliable. If I could do it over again, I would have stopped with the rockers and just kept it like that. That would have made for a much more enjoyable DD.

Oh and I have never heard of a S/C going bad on these from regular use. People who spray N20 and fuel through them have stripped the coating on the rotors which causes then to heat up, but not stop making boost. Change the SC oil (even though it’s not in the maintenance manual) and maybe while you’re at it the bearings and the coupler for piece of mind.