Anyone have a 27mm x 1.50 die?

bmw330is

Guest Removed

what did you do? hit it with a hammer and mushroom the end out? most of the time that dont mess the threads up, i just grind the end back down till the nut slides over it.

if the thread are jacked, buy buy you a thread file and that will fix them right up.i have done it.

i dont think they make die's that big, and if they do, bet they are pricey!

Guest Removed
^x2 on the thread file, i fucked up the threads on one before and with just about 5 minutes of work it was back to new

i have seen so many fucked up threads in my day, i always have a set. standard and metric.

works on axles to lug nuts to whatever bolt you have that has f-ed up threads.

Yeah, it was seized in the hub something awful. I used shitloads of pb blaster, followed by torching the hub. I ended up mushrooming the top, i ground it down, used a thread file and its still fuckered up.

I found some dies in that size online, cheapest i found was 40 bucks which i may end up doing because the halfshaft lists at 395.06.

thanks for the input fellas.

Guest Removed

most c/v axles are 60 bucks. how bad is it? i take a grinder to the end to level it back out then thread file.. its worth the extra time instead of buyying and replacing the axle.

if you dont understand i may be able to swing by and help you out

most c/v axles are 60 bucks. how bad is it? i take a grinder to the end to level it back out then thread file.. its worth the extra time instead of buyying and replacing the axle.

if you dont understand i may be able to swing by and help you out

Its a stupid axle that is only in mcoupes and mroadsters, if it were any cheaper i would just replace it and be done with it. Ill see if any of my friends can come up with a die, then i might take you up on your offer (which i appreciate!!)