GM mechanics-HELP!

Bigbird

Alright guys here's the deal. On my 21st birthday I lost the keys to my car...stupid thing was that I was actually sober when I lost them. I jumped through a couple hoops and got a spare set made at Jack Maxton. Only to get home and have them not work. I thought maybe the keys were just too crisp and new for it being a 10 year old car, so I tried to kind of file down the door key in certain spots. That didn't work. So I'm thinking my only other option is to install a new ignition cylinder. I'm supposed to go to Cleveland this weekend to visit my dad to celebrate my birthday. I don't know if this is the sort of thing that any old Joe can do or not, or if it can be done outside of a shop. I would certainly pay anyone that could help me. Let me know what you guys got.

Is your problem that the key won't turn or the car is in anti theft mode and just won't start?

+1, if the security is shutting it down, they may have used the wrong resistance key. If the key won't turn, obviously they cut it wrong. Either way I'd be taking that shit back and bitching.