LCD tech help?

El Karacho1647545492

OK so currently I have (or should say had) a 2-monitor setup running from my Radeon X1650 Pro. The main monitor is my Acer 22" which is the bee's knees. The secondary monitor is an LG Flatron Widescreen 19" reconditioned POS. I've had the same issue a few times with it and I'm trying to figure it out. From time to time (read: infrequently) it'll just stop working. It'll turn on and I'll see the LG symbol on the screen then it'll go black. Then it shows the screen as it is supposed to look with the desktop image, and go black again. However, the power light stays on (indicating that it thinks its displaying an image, not going into powersave mode or anything). As far as I know, this is a bad backlight or something and is quite expensive to fix. However, this is like the 3rd or 4th time it's happened and after several days rest it just comes back to life for a while, like several months.

So what's the big deal? Is it a backlight? Is it something harder or easier to fix?

I had a viewsonic crt that did the same thing. I had used it for 5+ years so it just reached the end of the life. Unless someone else can figure it out I say this is a good excuse to go buy a matching 22" LCD ^_^