Good ISP?

schmuckingham

I would love to see that in writing.

Look at any of the documentation on WOW's website...none of the WOW docs say anything about "up to" but rather the actual speed package. Look at all of the U-verse documentation. It all says "up to." Of course it doesn't say you will get over the advertised speed.

In actual, real-world tests (on properly functioning PC's, and good speed-test servers) the speed is ALWAYS slightly higher than the advertised. It's just how it is built, whether you want to believe it or not. I have done speed tests at easily over a thousand of customer locations over the years; this isn't new to me. :)

Look at any of the documentation on WOW's website...none of the WOW docs say anything about "up to" but rather the actual speed package.

On woway.com T&C's.

Actual Internet speeds may vary
No ones guarantees throughput because no single network can control an end-users throughput. No one knows when, and what backbones will get clogged, they can make educated guesses, but you can't be 100% positive. Everyone has a disclaimer as such, including WOW.

Uverse uses "profiles" which allocate a users bandwidth from the local VRAD, anywhere from 19-25Mbps is the current VDSL1 standard. Just because you are allocated X amount of bandwidth, doesn't mean that's what you're guaranteed as far as throughput goes. Which is why it says "up to".

We are moving near Gahanna to the new house and we are going to needs interwebs for my CR/ Xbox360 addiction. I have heard SBC sucks and I KNOW Time Warner blows

HAHAHAHAHA

timewarner's cable sucks imho

There road runner is quick.

I have noticed a slight degradation from my Insight HD service to the Uverse. Not so much that I really notice too much, or care. The picture is still gorgeous. When VDSL2.0 becomes the standard most profiles will be switched from 19-25Mbps profiles to around 40-50Mbps, allowing for better compression techniques and higher web speeds. Ofcourse, Im sure cable will continue its DOCSIS 3 rollout so, I say go with who ever gets you the best Mbps price.

docsis 3.0 makes thorne happy...

I've seen tests @ 100mbit down