Spaceghost is e-famous

Casper

Serious question, since I never have, and never will set foot in an iStore (or whatever the gay Apple store is called) - do they run the registers off a Windows based box? If not, what do they use, and if it's Apple based did they really write software just for that?

I would assume it's Linux if it isn't Windows.

Serious question, since I never have, and never will set foot in an iStore (or whatever the gay Apple store is called) - do they run the registers off a Windows based box? If not, what do they use, and if it's Apple based did they really write software just for that?

I would assume it's Linux if it isn't Windows.

I highly doubt Apple would invest in re-inventing an ERP application. Their boxes are compatible with SAP & Oracle so as a whole I bet they run off one of those.

They use hand held palm like things and cashiers roam the store and take your money by Credit/Debit Card. If you pay with cash, there are 2 registers up front for cash transactions but I have never looked at the screen, nor bought something in the store with cash. With the avrage price of products there so high I don't really carry that much cash around. I always use my debit card. It's faster. They e-mail you your receipt as a PDF. And I get it imediatley on my iPhone. COmplete paperless transaction. Fuck off hater, stick with winblows, people like you keep the viruses away from my Mac products. :)

Oh and a reminder for your drive home:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/storm-RYAN-15.jpg

And seriously, if you have spyware/virus problems using a PC based box - you shouldn't be allowed to breath.

I don't use ANY anti-spyware/virus software. No problems.

Well, except the one or two times some asshole decides to embed some shit in an illegally downloaded piece of software, but that's part of the game. :o

And seriously, if you have spyware/virus problems using a PC based box - you shouldn't be allowed to breath.

I don't use ANY anti-spyware/virus software. No problems.

Well, except the one or two times some asshole decides to embed some shit in an illegally downloaded piece of software, but that's part of the game. :o

Werd. 3 years strong on this computer with none whatsoever.

Ran my desktop for 4+ years with no problems at all. I'm sure it's crashing and burning now that gearhead rob bought it, what with all the pron he probably observes.

Congratulations, Ben, you will go down in the books because of this one.