Will's 1975 Chevy Nova custom

Guest 614Streets

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 614Streets
Sadoctopus is sad.... Seriously thought shit is looking good. I cant wait to see it running. I am actually sitting here hard waiting for it to run. SERIOUSLY....

I have had this car since I was 15 years old. Saved it from the junkyard and now nothing is original , for $100. I simply bought a dream. Only part of the floorpan and frame rails are original.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 614Streets

I am probably going to try going a little different route with the carburetors. Thinking I'll just run one carb ....... Not sure yet but the alterntive is either a built willy's or other carb shop unit or this http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/100/132/132-3402010BC.jpg

775 bg blower carb with adjustable sleeves

Highlights

675, 775, 825, 975, or 1025 cfm

Concentric Venturis

Replaceable Venturi Sleeves

Replaceable Boosters

Replaceable Air Bleeds

Replaceable Metering Block Bleeds

Billet Baseplate

Billet Metering Blocks

Large-Capacity Float Bowls with Sight Windows

Quick-Release Nonstick Gaskets

Most commom tuning parts interchangable from other manufacturers

Dont know what I want to do yet.

Guest 614Streets
hopefully not that...need to turbo blow thru that bitch

I don't want to get into turbos at this point in my life and with the whipple 305 that is out I doubt I ever will. I spent 30 mins on the phone today with dustin at whipple talking about my next engine. Talking about filling up a cell in the trunk 8 gallons of ice water on a 305 whipple.

Anyways besides my business venture I want to start a race team in 2010 and I betcha I will........ Big trailer and logos and all..... :D

Still though first things first , Get it wrapped up and and all that , real close , Me vs Iceman soon enough.

Guest 614Streets
put fuel injection on it

Nah , love f/i but its going to stay carbureted for this season.

Picked this up yesterday , so looks like I will be trying a single versus duals.

http://i6.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/3c/7e/c91b_1.JPG

Guest 614Streets

This is the kit thats on top of the blower now and part of the reason I want just 1 carburetor is making the throttle linkage less complicated and making the plate set up less complicated.

http://www.barrygrant.com/images/nitrous/catalog/NW%2010020.jpg

Guest 614Streets
what carb you running? im still reading up on the boost referencing the power valve on those(seems easy )holleys

Dunno yet Im guessing something from Willys or BG or Holley. Its going to be an expensive carb I can say that. Something custom built for my application , easily over 1k. If I call Willys it'll probably be like $1300-$1500.

• 3 weeks later...