• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
^^ V8 or V6?

v6 so he can buddie up with martin

I just got my camero at army surplus off morse rd , got a good deal you should at least call them to see if they have anymore.

that is the latest rage these days..

i think everyone should own a camero

i would love to have an v8 but il settle with a 6

V6 huh? Let’s say you did get a V6 Camaro, what would you like to do with it? What "Goals" would you have? 1/4 mile times, HP numbers, Aesthetics, or would it just look really cool parked in front of the trailer? :p

Ummm... 65% of this board doesnt race or own race cars. They just talk shit all winter about what they are going to do then disapear in the spring.

An unmodded v6 fyreturd will put you in the intermidiate class of racing around here.

Ummm... 90% of this board doesnt race or own race cars. They just talk shit all winter about what they are going to do then disapear in the spring.

An unmodded v6 fyreturd will put you in the intermidiate class of racing around here.

You and Me springtime buddy !!!

Just don't ask for a firm date yet ...

Ummm... 90% of this board doesnt race or own race cars. They just talk shit all winter about what they are going to do then disapear in the spring.

Yeah, but isn't that what we want to get away from? Maybe setting expatiations would be good. At least pretend that you have plans for your car. It doesn’t have to be fast, but shit a nice clean DD camAro with maybe a K&N some exhaust work that’s kept clean and could squeek out 250+WHP wouldn’t be a bad starting point.

Yeah, but isn't that what we want to get away from? Maybe setting expatiations would be good. At least pretend that you have plans for your car. It doesn’t have to be fast, but shit a 250WHP DD camAro that’s kept clean wouldn’t be a bad starting point.

Eff that, I plan on having the fastest 16 second envoy in 2009! Going fast is sooo like totally played out! Anthony you better put some mods on that truck, its going down at the next track day!

You and Me springtime buddy !!!

Just don't ask for a firm date yet ...

Sorry I cant race you this year. The price of gas is expected to rise and I didnt properly budget in gas with my overall mod budget. Maybe next year.

i would love to have an v8 but il settle with a 6

And for the new guy,

get an LT1 camaro.

Save $1000 for mods

make a post in tech help asking how you should spend the money

follow directions

GO FAST

I think it says that by default.

Let me leech it:

Year, Make and Model of Car? 1996 Pontiac Trans Am

Mileage? 156,XXX

Price ; $2500

What is your name? Ian Bowman

What is your Email Address? SpeedKillsIan@aim.com

What is your Phone number/AIM Screenname? 513-616-6921/SpeedKillsIan

What is your City? : West Harrison

What is your State? IN

What is your Zip code? 47060

Yeah yeah, I know. I'm doing either an old car or another LS1. Either or.

This is probably one of the nicest LT1 cars you'll find, at least I'd like to think so.

The car itself is a '96 Trans Am. Body shows 165,XXX miles. CLEAN CARFAX!!!!! Three owner car (it's actually still in my friend's name, clean title, signed, notarized, ready to go. He will be on site during the sale).

Body:

Repainted in '06

Fiberglass WS6 hood, fits PERFECTLY

De-mold/emblems

Polished rear panel

Black Pontiac fill ins

No spidering/cracking of any kind on the bumpers.

One sideskirt has a 6" crack/scrape, but you REALLY need to be looking for it.

ALL NEW AC COMPONENTS. EVERYTHING has been replaced, and I mean every single part! I have pictures to document all of this work.

SLP line lock

SLP fan switch

Newer clutch master.

Rearend rebuilt from brake to brake.

Suspension:

3 point subframe connectors

BIG sway bars/poly bushings/endlinks

Driveshaft loop

Multiple new bushings throughout the car

Newer tie rod ends/balljoints

Newer KYB struts

New steering rack (previous owner complained of slack

'02 WS6 wheels. 7/10 condition, 2/32 tread on all tires.

Interior:

9/10 condition. Seats/carpet/dash/trim show no wear. Unmolested save for the shift light.

Basically, the entire car has been gone through. This is not your average half beat high mileage car. Crucial wear items have been replaced, and the car drives better than it did in '96.

As for the price, I'm going to say $2500, because that seems fair to me.

For additional cost, I do have a TON of LT1 stuff, low compression 383, Vortech V2 w/aftercooler, Rockland race ready T56, Spec3, Mac mid's, MBRP catback, etc. Check my other thread.

Again, the car has NO MOTOR, NO TRANSMISSION, NO EXHAUST, NO ENGINE ACCESSORIES! These parts can be negotiated in for additional cost though, as I do have them!

On to the pictures......

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/Bucon/ian/Ian1.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/Bucon/ian/ian2.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/Bucon/ian/ian3.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/Bucon/ian/ian4.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/Bucon/ian/ian5.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/Bucon/ian/underside1.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/Bucon/ian/underside2.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/Bucon/ian/underside3.jpg

HERE you go acme i feel like i need to help u. Buy this car get a motor call it a day!

no matter v6 or v8 i want to get another block and build it up with all the fixn's. firebird or camaro it dosent really matter. i just want something that can go fast. im wanting to get 500-600hp i donk kno what kinda time that means for the 1/4 mile
  • Upvote 1

no matter v6 or v8 i want to get another block and build it up with all the fixn's. firebird or camaro it dosent really matter. i just want something that can go fast. im wanting to get 500-600hp i donk kno what kinda time that means for the 1/4 mile

You can look for solid 14's on street tires. :D

Aren't b-swapped civics cheap. Add turbo go faster.

well the Firebird i posted would be a perfect candidate!

• Confused 1

There we go! 500-600HP. you're better off looking for a V8 in that case. You may spend a bit more up front, but in order to get a V6 to make that much you're going to spend a lot more in mod money. Not saying it can't be done.

500 WHP should put you in the 11, 12 second range in the 1/4. Ever worked on cars before?

Eff that, I plan on having the fastest 16 second envoy in 2009! Going fast is sooo like totally played out! Anthony you better put some mods on that truck, its going down at the next track day!

Sorry I cant race you this year. The price of gas is expected to rise and I didnt properly budget in gas with my overall mod budget. Maybe next year.

And for the new guy,

get an LT1 camaro.

Save $1000 for mods

make a post in tech help asking how you should spend the money

follow directions

GO FAST

i dont have enough rep yet to see any other fourms other than this 1

• Upvote 1