wifi FROM me phone

88lx5oh

downloaded a program called WM wifi router.. for windows mobile phones... wanted to see how fast it actually was... using my sprint mogul and sprints EVDO rev A as my connection. using my laptop to test the speeds on pcpitstop.com and the results are...

Last Result:

Download Speed: 1170 kbps (146.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 294 kbps (36.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 189 ms

to put that in comparison

here is my speed on my WOW cable internet ran through my netgear router to the same laptop a few mintures later

Last Result:

Download Speed: 2506 kbps (313.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 741 kbps (92.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 48 ms

not to damn bad for using my phone as wifi internet hehe.. loving it!!

Edited by 88lx5oh

That program fucked up my ICS, and basically bricked my wifi abilities, other than using it as a router. So I couldn't use the standard Wifi mode after installation, of course I have SERO anyway, so it didn't really matter, but it was annoying. If you run into similar problems lets me know, because I have a CAB that fixes the problem. Not everybody has the same issues though.

ICScontrol is a similar program, is free, and while less pretty, is capable of the same thing. It also allows USB pam mode without using the "Internet Sharing" program so you'll be "hiding" a little better.

Putty, this turns your phone into a Wi Fi/network so you can log on through a lap top etc. Instead of paying for that phone as a modem bs or network card.

Ahhh, that's pretty sweet. Let me look into this PDAnet then.

I thought you cancelled Sprint? Besides iPhone wifi, no download. HA HA!!!

i did... then looked around and found nothing better... iphone just isnt for me. i cant fine a phone that is better than what i have currently, and cant find a carrier with a better plan. even when my sero expires, getting a family unlimited data plan with 3000 shared minutes.. is way cheaper than any other carrier.

so im stickin with sprint. and ill be grabbin up the new palm pre when it releases

That program fucked up my ICS, and basically bricked my wifi abilities, other than using it as a router. So I couldn't use the standard Wifi mode after installation, of course I have SERO anyway, so it didn't really matter, but it was annoying. If you run into similar problems lets me know, because I have a CAB that fixes the problem. Not everybody has the same issues though.

ICScontrol is a similar program, is free, and while less pretty, is capable of the same thing. It also allows USB pam mode without using the "Internet Sharing" program so you'll be "hiding" a little better.

yeah ill let you know. i rarely use my wifi on my phone, i get good enough speeds with the evdo rev. a