wii guys with modchips

supldys

I got my wiikey2 with clip today. Opened up the wii, easy as pie, only to find a big ass glob of ugly black stuff all over the chip.

I guess nintendo's new modchip proofing is this wicked epoxy, I tried my heat gun and nothing (Granted its old but it definitely got hella hot) so then i tried a little acetone and nothing, doesn't even soften.

I hear the 360's have something similar they have to deal with.

Any ideas how I get this off, or does anyone want to buy a brand new unopened wiikey2? :)

IIRC, the newer WII's cannot use the same type of mods due to said epoxy.

I'm actually really glad to know that, I remember seeing something inregards to a new wii hack to combat this, I didn't know that the hackers had been outsmarted in this fashion.....but that's actually pretty funny.

they have a new chip that just plugs in to the cabling

yeah thats what I was trying to describe.

But I didnt want to be out $70 so I went and pickedup some talstrip, shit works awesome on this epoxy. Its taking awhile but theres only a little bit left, should have the chip on in about 15 mins

Dont even try the heat gun trick if you ever run into this problem, just makes the damn stuff harder. Acetone paint thinner sucks too, gotta get the nasty paint remover

yeah thats what I was trying to describe.

But I didnt want to be out $70 so I went and pickedup some talstrip, shit works awesome on this epoxy. Its taking awhile but theres only a little bit left, should have the chip on in about 15 mins

Dont even try the heat gun trick if you ever run into this problem, just makes the damn stuff harder. Acetone paint thinner sucks too, gotta get the nasty paint remover

I applaud your persistance!

:D

yeah the modchip is awesome, don't have to tinker with SD cards and risk some ahole releasing a bad IOS that bricks or anything

And don't have to load a bunch of other crap, and deal with converting the ISO's, etc. Just burn and play without issues, that's it. Mod chips are cake to install and not that expensive.