Basement waterproofing

TonyG

I helped a buddy in Gerbil Village redo the gutter drains on his 100+yr old house a few years ago. They were collapsed and hadn't drain out to the curb in years. Always had a leaky basement. We pulled up the paver brick sidewalk, repaired the running section with PVC...never had a problem since then.

I have a 60yr old rental house in UA...recently developed a damp basement wall and some mold. I called Drainbusters...they ran a scope (video camera) up from the curb to see if there were any blockages in the gutter downpipes. Huge dirt/pine needle clog...ran a water jet nozzle up the pipe and blew it out. That was last year, basement walls have been perfectly dry since then, even with the storms we had this summer.

My point being...if the basement was dry for awhile, you may just have a drainage issue with the gutters. $300 for Drainbusters is a lot better than a $3000 basement waterproofing job that doesn't solve the actual problem...

B-Dry did our house and our neighbor's house probably 10 year ago and the basement has never had a problem since then. They did great work for us and they only did the walls where they thought there was a problem rather than the entire thing - they could have gouged us and did it all, but they were honest and did a good job.

I helped a buddy in Gerbil Village redo the gutter drains on his 100+yr old house a few years ago. They were collapsed and hadn't drain out to the curb in years. Always had a leaky basement. We pulled up the paver brick sidewalk, repaired the running section with PVC...never had a problem since then.

I have a 60yr old rental house in UA...recently developed a damp basement wall and some mold. I called Drainbusters...they ran a scope (video camera) up from the curb to see if there were any blockages in the gutter downpipes. Huge dirt/pine needle clog...ran a water jet nozzle up the pipe and blew it out. That was last year, basement walls have been perfectly dry since then, even with the storms we had this summer.

My point being...if the basement was dry for awhile, you may just have a drainage issue with the gutters. $300 for Drainbusters is a lot better than a $3000 basement waterproofing job that doesn't solve the actual problem...

THIS...

Well I am in the process of getting some quotes for a basement waterproofing job. Anyone have any suggestions or past experience. The two I seem to keep coming across are JD Basement and BDry.

do it yourselfblock dry paint it on the block an be done

do it yourselfblock dry paint it on the block an be done

That will usually only take care of a small amount of moisture on the walls. Think about something on the level of moisture condensing on a glass from the temp diffs. Something you do as a 'just in case', it will not take care of water coming in.