Ammunition shortage

AWW$HEEET

Apparently there is a crazy shortage going on? I saw plenty at the show this weekend (overpriced) and at the Powder Room in Powell, but when we went to WallyWorld, they were slim pickns'.

The guy at the counter of Walmart told us that Vance's actually went to the Walmart in Grovetucky, waited for their ammunition shipment to come in, then bought it all at one time on the site.

I cannot believe this shit.

Apparently there is a crazy shortage going on? I saw plenty at the show this weekend (overpriced) and at the Powder Room in Powell, but when we went to WallyWorld, they were slim pickns'.

The guy at the counter of Walmart told us that Vance's actually went to the Walmart in Grovetucky, waited for their ammunition shipment to come in, then bought it all at one time on the site.

I was just at buckeye outdoors and ohio valley outdoors yesterday and they were both pretty well stocked up and prices were the same as they were like 2 months ago. They were slightly low on the "sale" ammunition but thats about it. As far as the 9mm being hard to find, I've had no trouble finding it and its still fairly cheap.

Walmart is hit-and-miss on ammo. Some stores are consistently well-stocked, others are wastelands.

BTW somebody in chemical engineering told me the price hikes in ammo lately aren't because of the spike in brass prices, but because some of the chemicals used in primers, especially rimfires, have run into production problems. I haven't noticed an increase in bulk primers for reloading though.

this use to happen every yr up at our walmart an kmart when it came to slugs a month before gun season, they used to be 2.99 for 5, one time ran low went in and they were sold out... guy at counter said some guy bought every last box.... so got short on time went to local hunting store guess what he had tons of 12ga slugs his sticker right over kmarts lol i was like wtf? left and bought some off a buddy he had extra..... next time i was in old walmart and slugs were in stock i bought15 boxes so i wouldnt be left hanging.....

oh and for primers as mentioned i just bought some and they were bout 8 bucks more than last time i bought some per 1k, hope it doesnt keep going up