10 Cars That Damaged GM's Reputation (With Video)

ImUrOBGYN

"GM's current precarious situation didn't come about overnight. There are arguments to be made that various government regulations led to the disaster and that management can't escape much of the blame, and there are plenty who contend it was a series of disastrous union labor contracts that have put the company at risk. But there's one thing everyone agrees on: Over the past few decades GM put some truly terrible products out on the market. Unreliable, uninteresting and flat ugly, these were cars that simply destroyed GM's reputation. It's ironic that right now, just as it teeters near bankruptcy, GM has never had a stronger lineup of cars and trucks. From the shockingly good Chevrolet Cobalt SS, turbocharged and solid Saturn Astra, to the sweet-natured Cadillac CTS and the brilliant Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, the corporation's product portfolio is strong. But each of those cars is weighed down by the legacy of products like the ten listed here. We've arbitrarily limited ourselves to cars built since 1970 here, so don't look for the ill-fated Corvair or truly horrid 1917 Chevrolet Model D on the list."

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/reader_rides/4293188.html?page=1

I wouldn't say the brand need to go under, but the people running it need to loose their jobs. That might actually revive some of their “image”. Kind of like shitty apartments do, when they re-name them and put up a sign "Under New Management" after a murder or after the cops have been called 20 times in a week. They have some potentially great cars and some iconic ones as well. That article made some good points and if you look at the years there were makes and models that were failures at the same time. They had overlapping failure since the late 70’s. haha, but if GM is smart they can really use this. I think to a certain extent the American people are pulling for them to get their shit together (or at least I am). If GM can convince the public that they deserve to stay by making smart decisions with the cars they produce, and how they run their business, I think people will go back to them. I know if I saw some of the top executives bring in new people, apologize, or hell even step down I’d look at that a plus.

Why did they kill the ev1?

EV1??

You see, THAT is what killed it. The is a movie called "Who Killed the Electric Car" about its creation, to its destruction. Its narrated by Martin Sheen. You can find it on Youtube in about 9 parts i think. Its really quite sad.

Heres a clip of Tom Hanks talking about his...