Worlds fastest train..

ChevyMan1972

357.16 MPH I had to google it.

Could you imagine a deer wandering out on the tracks?

no...i think it showed enough from the bug right at the beginning. ive seen what a semi at ~65 has done to a deer...makes it look like there was a gernade in its belly...350 would be nuts

no...i think it showed enough from the bug right at the beginning. ive seen what a semi at ~65 has done to a deer...makes it look like there was a gernade in its belly...350 would be nuts

Have you seen what a train does to a semi?

Train vs. deer = no contest, I've been with my dad when he blasted one. Don't even feel it. 360+mph would look like the video of the GT car hitting a rabbit.

I thought I remember watching something where a train in Germany was reaching speeds of 600mph. So I'm not sure that's the fastest train, but I could be wrong. The train had "rails" but they were really only guides because the rails were magnetized. The "wheels" could also be magnetized, then guides outside of the wheels were used on the rails to keep the train on track. It's like trying to put two magnets together and they force each other away, no friction. Which is the #1 factor when trying to achieve high speeds on trains. I know I saw this on a show prob 3-4 years ago.

I thought I remember watching something where a train in Germany was reaching speeds of 600mph. So I'm not sure that's the fastest train, but I could be wrong. The train had "rails" but they were really only guides because the rails were magnetized. The "wheels" could also be magnetized, then guides outside of the wheels were used on the rails to keep the train on track. It's like trying to put two magnets together and they force each other away, no friction. Which is the #1 factor when trying to achieve high speeds on trains. I know I saw this on a show prob 3-4 years ago.

"Maglev" is what you're looking for. The wheels are only there to support it when the power's off. Once the power's turned on, the wheels retract like landing gear.

Unreal.....That thing sounds like a jet going by!!

Brian, I know some lines are being built here in the U.S. but do you know of any real efforts being done to improve our current systems??

The new tracks are using steel reinforced concrete ties instead of wood for the high speed stuff, can't wait to see more of it here in the states.