Sirius Filing Bankruptcy

Wease

Guest tbutera2112
good.....fuck sirius radio.... i had a subscription with them for a year, their shitty receiver stopped working after 6 months, and they refused to even switch my subscription over to a new receiver if i bought one, those slimy fucks...paid up front for a year, got 6 months of service and a swift kick in the ass

Media blowing things out of proportion, On howard today it was said that Sirius only has $17x,000,000 in debt to pay in the coming few days and they have the money to pay it. The rest is due later this year. The guy trying to buy Sirius is basically trying a weird hostile takeover. Even if they file for bankruptcy that does not necessarily mean "out of business". Sirius has 2 Billion in Consumer revenue, it has a huge customer base, and to break it up or destroy it would be pretty stupid by this guy, that's a lot of money.

The only thing Sirius is good for is Stern. The sound quality of sat radio is not awesome. Sounds grainy, tin-y etc. I have had it 3 different times, 2 aftermarket units, one oem built in unit and it always sounds the same. CD quality is much better. I would like to hear anyones sat radio that says otherwise.

With that said, I really hope they don't go away for 2 years. Stern's contract is up then, so they can die then if they want.

The only thing Sirius is good for is Stern. The sound quality of sat radio is not awesome. Sounds grainy, tin-y etc. I have had it 3 different times, 2 aftermarket units, one oem built in unit and it always sounds the same. CD quality is much better. I would like to hear anyones sat radio that says otherwise.

With that said, I really hope they don't go away for 2 years. Stern's contract is up then, so they can die then if they want.

True. I notice a big difference between CD/Regular Radio and Sirius.

However, The MAIN reason I switched to Sirius a few years back.. NO FUCKING COMMERCIALS! That's what pissed me off on regular radio. the Commercials were 10 fucking minutes long.

Listen today at 9:20 am to like 10:30am on the replay on howard 101, they talk about this a great deal. They basically say it's not a Chapter & where they liquidate the business, it's a restructuring. You know kinda like what GM should have done. :) Howard doesn't think he is going anywhere.

I will try to record it.