Hyundai Genesis Coupe R

Aesthetic_Influx

I've just recently started following this car, as the whole RWD and FI 4cyl idea excites me a bit. I stumbled upon this today while browsing Jalopnik and thought it might be worth discussing, especially considering the details and price of this "R" version.

Not sold on it yet, but I'm anxious to see how it fairs.

http://jalopnik.com/5151328/hyundai-genesis-coupe-r+spec-bare+knuckle-track+ready-brawler?skyline=true&s=x

but it seems like a car I'd buy used and would only be interested in modding if I were in my teens/early 20's again.

Im in my early 20's and I dont want it! (mid 20s is still early)

I foresee.. a fast car with plastic parts and window motors breaking and ultimately leading to a shitastic resale value

Im in my early 20's and I dont want it! (mid 20s is still early)

I foresee.. a fast car with plastic parts and window motors breaking and ultimately leading to a shitastic resale value

I'd have to agree on thinking the same thing... sadly. I could be wrong though. My bigger concern is all of the drivetrain. Solid engine, good brakes, and an aggressive wheel/tire setup is nice... but how will it last? That's something hard to speculate.

For the price though, it seems like it would be a good instant-on track car build if you were in the market.

This is why I'd prefer to never buy a "first run" car. Let the rest of the public beta test it and tell me how it fairs. I made the mistake of buying a "first run" car once because my wife had to have it. A year later, we were lemoning it back to the dealer and being put into the car I wanted in the first place.

So they're using the 4b11 engine, but only going for 210hp ? The EVOX meanwhile with the same engine makes 295hp, and the more closely priced Lancer Ralliart I think makes 235hp.

+1 I will always love mitsu's and theur motors but this one seems underpowered.

So they're using the 4b11 engine, but only going for 210hp ? The EVOX meanwhile with the same engine makes 295hp, and the more closely priced Lancer Ralliart I think makes 235hp.

I didn't realize they were going with that.

Lower stock boost maybe? I'd be curious as to where the limiting factor is over those other cars; if it's electronically limited only... win.

Smaller turbo prob, with a plastic intercooler like our stockers :p

I think the car is pretty sweet, I like the idea of it being really affordable and seems like a well rounded car. I like to see in the future how the trannys hold up, but the engine has a huge aftermarket already and with simple bolt on mods im sure can be a beast.